Cetme 308

Trnelson

Just picked up a CETME 308. I had a luepold 1.5-4 on the bench that I mounted on it. I'm intending to shoot it for local 3 gun matches from point-blank out to 200yards. Any thoughts on bullet weight, I believe it to be a 12 twist, but have not been able to verify that.

For the range you are talking about, I'd go with the lightest bullet available to keep recoil down for rapid strings of fire. A 308 battle rifle can shake you up shooting fast, unless you have a really good brake to keep the muzzle down. If you reload, nosler has a 125gr ballistic tip for varmints that you could test drive.

For the range you are talking about, I'd go with the lightest bullet available to keep recoil down for rapid strings of fire. A 308 battle rifle can shake you up shooting fast, unless you have a really good brake to keep the muzzle down. If you reload, nosler has a 125gr ballistic tip for varmints that you could test drive.

I'll give those a shot. I have a few hundred on the shelf...

Just for a heads up the 30 cal 125 ballistic tip is not a varmint bullet. It is a light game constructed bullet. Just like all the hunting ballistic tips keep your impact velocity under 3000 fps and they work great. The 125 BT is a very accurate bullet. I use it in all my 30 cal stuff for deer hunting. When your impact velocity drops below about 2700 fps it will exit going through both shoulders of the average 150 lb deer. It usually drops a deer in it's tracks if you put it into a shoulder. Higher than 2700 fps impact velocity up to 3000 fps I usually find just the jacket and base of the bullet just under the hide on the off size shoulder.

In my 21 1/2" Heart barrel 700 Rem. 308 Win 46 grs IMR 4895 in a WW case and CCI BR2 primer with the 125 BT does 3000 fps and is bug hole accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.