cartrige selection for wife

.264/6.5 bullet BC is hard to beat and have lots of chamberings to choose from. Excellent recommendations thus far.

IIWY, I'd go with the 6.5x55 Swede and load it with 140gr Berger VLD or 160gr Matrix VLD. It has been around longer than the venerable .30-06 and still going strong.

Or AI it and make it sexier for the wife :D >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/6-5x55-6-5x55-ai-90339/index2.html

Good luck and happy safe hunting/shooting!

My vote goes to the 6.5 Creedmoor. I own one and my dad owns one and we both love it! Light recoil, good stopping power and surgical accuracy! My gun is a 1/2 moa shooter (Still breaking it in and havent really had time to develope a tack driving load for it yet) and my dads is a 1/4 moa. It would make an awesome caliber for your wife. My 9 year old sister shot her first deer last year with the 6.5 Creed and she does not have any problems shooting it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.