Canned Deer

**** and moan. On and on. Shut up and hunt. Feeders or no Feeders. Pink panties might solve your underwear issue from a while back. Just got through planting my oat patches and filling my Feeders. Have to clean my blind tomorrow and restock the snacks. Recharge the batteries for my fan and make sure the beer is cold in the blind. Quit paissing and moaning about the way people hunt and just enjoy the time we have to do what we love and hopefully be able to pass it on before some bleeding heart tree hugger shuts it all down. Then you can **** and moan but it will be too late. Sorry. I just want to hunt.

**** and moan. On and on. Shut up and hunt. Feeders or no Feeders. Pink panties might solve your underwear issue from a while back. Just got through planting my oat patches and filling my Feeders. Have to clean my blind tomorrow and restock the snacks. Recharge the batteries for my fan and make sure the beer is cold in the blind. Quit paissing and moaning about the way people hunt and just enjoy the time we have to do what we love and hopefully be able to pass it on before some bleeding heart tree hugger shuts it all down. Then you can **** and moan but it will be too late. Sorry. I just want to hunt.
I guess everyone's idea of hunting is different but batteries for the fan and making sure the beer is cold? Nothing wrong with beer drinking but it sure shouldn't be in a "hunting" blind. This is just me pi**ing and moaning since it's not against the law to drink beer while "hunting". 🙄

It was a joke. Lighten up.
Sorry if I missed the humor. Please remember that this is a public forum available for anyone to look at. Hunters are portrayed as beer drinking slobs wanting to kill anything and everything in movies and comments like yours won't help with the stereotyping.
I will try to lighten up now.

So might a well shut the site down, since we need to shut up and hunt. Sorta true I guess, everything can and has been done with a 30-06, so discussion is over.
Having ethics about hunting is not ****ing and moaning. But do your thing man

Last edited:
<perk> pink panties?

Sorry if I missed the humor. Please remember that this is a public forum available for anyone to look at. Hunters are portrayed as beer drinking slobs wanting to kill anything and everything in movies and comments like yours won't help with the stereotyping.
I will try to lighten up now.
I hunt for one big mature deer and end up shooting one every four or five years. Let my grandkids kill the does and culls. I'll settle for the pigs. Just tired of hearing all the crying about canned hunts. Seems if you hunt feeders or food plots it's a canned hunt. Not so on 9,300 acres of low fence. We are long range hunters. My grandkids, at age7 were shooting deer 300 plus yards. Range doesn't scare them because they are confident in themselves and the equipment they are using. Hunting around feeders, legally, and still shooting animals at those ranges and more. Now they are older and are killing axis,aoudad and white tail at longer ranges. Feeders and canned hunts. Yeah right. Not in the country we hunt.

I hunt for one big mature deer and end up shooting one every four or five years. Let my grandkids kill the does and culls. I'll settle for the pigs. Just tired of hearing all the crying about canned hunts. Seems if you hunt feeders or food plots it's a canned hunt. Not so on 9,300 acres of low fence. We are long range hunters. My grandkids, at age7 were shooting deer 300 plus yards. Range doesn't scare them because they are confident in themselves and the equipment they are using. Hunting around feeders, legally, and still shooting animals at those ranges and more. Now they are older and are killing axis,aoudad and white tail at longer ranges. Feeders and canned hunts. Yeah right. Not in the country we hunt.
I rarely shoot a big mature buck close to a feeder, 99% of the time they are 300-600 yards out.
My feeders sure keep the does and yearlings happy 😊

I've shot my share of big bucks (most with the bow) and have plenty of trophies mounted. That's all behind me now. I like to take a couple of deer for the venison and have no real interest in bucks. I do like to hunt at long(er) ranges than most anyone in the outfitted camps where I hunt. I tell the guide that I do NOT want to be placed where a good buck has been seen and can be taken at 100yds over a bait pile. If I see one, I'll let it walk. Most of the other guys would pay anything for that opportunity but it doesn't interest me. I just ask to be placed in stands where there are LR shot opportunities. Sometimes they accommodate me and other times not. Last year I dropped a big doe at 501yds but I could easily see over 800yds in two directions. I was happy with the hunt. Everyone hunts differently and we all find different aspects of the hunt enjoyable. As we grow in this sport, our attitudes change.

Here's an interesting "canned hunt" story.

A few friends and I hunted wild boar in a 1,000 acre fenced in facility. The place was up in Vermont. The lodge was rustic but nice. It was well off the grid which kept things kind of nostalgic. Food was good and we met some good folks while we were there. The hunt was more or less what we expected for a meat hunt for pigs.

While we were there, the owner tells us that he raises elk on the top of a mountain, not too far from the lodge. He shows us pictures of many impressive bulls. He also tells us that he has had a standing permit to raise the elk for quite some time. However, the VT Fish & Game authorities visited his operation and claimed to have no idea that he had so many huge elk in his breading facility. They withdraw his permit and give him 30 days to eliminate the elk. So ............ he offers us an unbelievable deal to harvest an impressive trophy elk before we left the lodge. I really wasn't interested taking a bull in that manner but did want to go along. Unfortunately, the deal was pay & go, or stay in the lodge. Several hunters signed up. Most of these guys were bow hunters. At the end of the second day, a truck and trailer pull in front of the lodge that had just come from the elk harvest. (notice that I didn't say "hunt") There were legs and antlers sticking out everywhere. I asked one of the bowhunters how things went. He admitted that it was beyond disheartening. He said that when the truck entered the gates, they could see many good bulls. The hunters expected the bulls to run off but, instead, some got closer while others just stood around. Apparently, the elk were accustomed to being fed from the truck & trailer. The hunters got out, picked a bull and shot them at very short range. The guy told me that the whole incident was upsetting and that he was sorry that he got involved.

I'm not sure what the breeder should have done with all of those fine animals but what was done truly was disgusting.

I have to admit, I clicked on this thinking I'd see a killer recipe for canning deer meat.

I do have a good recipe for canning ready to eat deer burgers. Shelf stable. Just pop the jar open, heat them up and slap them on a bun deer burgers.
There is a thread in the cook's corner forum that is actually about canning deer.
Those burgers would definitely be of interest to me and others.