Where can I go - non-resident deer hunt

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 46119

I did not fill my tag in CA so I'm looking for somewhere to go.

leftover tags or otc tags
guides
success

Thanks

A lot of good buck hunting in Idaho but the best units are draw only. Would invite you here to the ranch only because you are a Central Coast guy but this is a draw unit. The Central Coast is where I grew up. Went to Arroyo Grande High School.

How come you did not fill your tag can't hit-um or nothing big enough??

There are a couple units that still have over the counter tags like unit 39 and 33 ( I think) but you have to get away from the people and know the migration routes. Good luck.

Mississippi is a very good contender. It would be better if there wasn't drunken idiots riding around at night shooting 3-12 deer a night. I think the deer population is around 2 million and there are only about 150 thousand licence sold every year. Non - residents licenses are around $350. Pretty good bucks and amazing odds in favor of the hunter.

How come you did not fill your tag can't hit-um or nothing big enough??
Too much work, too much 100+ degrees days during season and the one you've probably heard before. The little so and so kept disappearing on me. When I could hunt I couldn't find him, when I couldn't he'd be sitting in the shade by my driveway.

Who's idea was it to have the deer hunt in August.:cool:

Who's idea was it to have the deer hunt in August.:cool:

I loved hunting August, no school, the start of a season with a little moving around, swapping bow for rifle you could hunt until November. Not so much anymore.

North Idaho I believe has whitetail tags OTC. Used to be during the rut, I haven't looked into it for a while.

I loved hunting August, no school, the start of a season with a little moving around, swapping bow for rifle you could hunt until November. Not so much anymore.

North Idaho I believe has whitetail tags OTC. Used to be during the rut, I haven't looked into it for a while.

you can buy OTC whitetail tags with the season going from oct.10-dec.1

nonresident tags are 301.75 and the license is 154.75

you can buy OTC whitetail tags with the season going from oct.10-dec.1

nonresident tags are 301.75 and the license is 154.75
Thank you so much.

I am going down the Idaho route at the moment.

Frustrations of hunting.

I missed my CA tag like I said. I had a 4x4, 3x3 and 2x2 plus an a typical and a spike on the property. When I could hunt, I couldn't find them.

They are back though I haven't found them all yet.

The does were grouped up yesterday. 6 plus this years fawns.

Still working the Idaho idea. I don't know the unit yet.

Frustrations of hunting.

I missed my CA tag like I said. I had a 4x4, 3x3 and 2x2 plus an a typical and a spike on the property. When I could hunt, I couldn't find them.

They are back though I haven't found them all yet.

The does were grouped up yesterday. 6 plus this years fawns.

Still working the Idaho idea. I don't know the unit yet.

Also if you hunt in north idaho buy the white tail tag. And that tag is good for either sex and no point limit on which bucks you can shoot

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.