Canada Deer Hunting

EasternNChunter

Heading back to Alberta November 12th for a 9 day whitetail hunt. Hunted with the same outfitter there in 2014 but didn't pull the trigger. Saw some nice young bucks and even watched a solid 140" 10 pointer with split G2's for several minutes but not what I had waited 20+ years for. The weather last time was -10 to -20 which was brutal for a NC boy pulling all day sits in tripods. Hunted the 2nd week of November in 2014 and it seemed like most of the bucks were locked down with the does. Hoping my timing is a little better this go around.

Any of you guys deer hunt Canada? Any tips are welcomed!

I haven't Deer hunted there, I always wanted to but I did go Bear hunting there. But I haven't been up there in about 16 years and I hear it's pretty hard to go through the border now.

I will hunting in Nova Scotia at the same time it will be pretty warm there. Hard to beat those Canadian whitetails. Get the heater body suit with a good pair of coveralls I have even sat in a sleeping bag.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

In 2014 it was a piece of cake getting into Canada. I have filled out the same paperwork/rifle registration as before and emailed it back in. My outfitter hasn't mentioned anything different than before so I don't expect any issues.

In 2014 it was a piece of cake getting into Canada. I have filled out the same paperwork/rifle registration as before and emailed it back in. My outfitter hasn't mentioned anything different than before so I don't expect any issues.

Been doing the same for quite a few years now. Hunt on a the family farm there an annual visit to see my dad leaving on the 25th. They actually reduced the original fee for carrying a firearm across the border probably in 2010.

Good luck on your trip make sure you post pics

Shoot straight

Bob

Huh, maybe I'll look into hunting for deer up there. Is there public land to hunt or do ya'll have to go with a outfitter.

Huh, maybe I'll look into hunting for deer up there. Is there public land to hunt or do ya'll have to go with a outfitter.

I think every province is a little different but you have to have a Guide in BC and Nova Scotia all kinds of public land. If you have relatives they can get a temporary guides license without a fee in NS.

Shoot straight

Bob

Good Luck on your hunt

I live here in Hinton Alberta by Jasper National Park

Got a cow Elk draw so this year am holding out for a nice WT buck

This is my mentee's WT from last year gun)

David:)
IMG_1564_zpsnoyaukjr.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.