Deer hunting disappointment.

Good going, great buck. Have eleven days left here in Alabama the Beautiful. Going out again this evening to the giant cornfield we've been hunting sense Thanksgiving. So far myself and three others have taken thirty three deer from it. Farmer wanted a reduction of the herd, we've doing our best. Most deer I've killed in a single year in two decades. Been holding on to my last buck tag for two weeks now. May have to try and use it today.

Went to same spot tonight, at 5:30 he sent his baby brother in, I took him, 40 yards broadside , Ten Point Vengent with a Grim Reaper broadhead , ran about 40 yards full tilt and cartwheeled in the snow recovered the arrow about 30 feet away. Less than ten minutes prior a big coyote came in , I could have taken him but passed, I've seen him twice this week , he'll be mine within a week.
That is a nice buck, get the bigger one next year

I actually have a taxidermist who has mounted Elk and Deer cutting them in half straight thru the centerline....with one half facing left the other right....so they are looking at each other and you mount them on a feature wall or especially your fireplace. At first I thought he was insane....until I saw them.
That would be interesting to see a picture of if you could post one sometime to get it clearer in my mind….

Good decision. Nice Buck! I'd try to find the one antlered deers sheds, and hope for a crack at him next year.
My German Sheperd is great at finding sheds, it only took her less than an hour to get her going, I'm going to have her trained next on Morels. She's a Czech import known for their great noses.

What a buck.. they grow them big in Ohio... best of luck next year and congrats on your cold weather buck!
THX, no complaints that's why it's called hunting, about a week to go I'll take a doe for jerky, had over a dozen here this morning as well as a big eight, he'll be some deer next year hopefully.

My German Sheperd is great at finding sheds, it only took her less than an hour to get her going, I'm going to have her trained next on Morels. She's a Czech import known for their great noses.
MORALS? She will be the first ever dog trained to READ...let alone figure out the message .....you have lofty expectations...😅🤣😂 Edit: Although...with your patience and your dog's intelligence...it may only take a " Truffle" of your time!

Went to same spot tonight, at 5:30 he sent his baby brother in, I took him, 40 yards broadside , Ten Point Vengent with a Grim Reaper broadhead , ran about 40 yards full tilt and cartwheeled in the snow recovered the arrow about 30 feet away. Less than ten minutes prior a big coyote came in , I could have taken him but passed, I've seen him twice this week , he'll be mine within a week.
Didn't you already shoot a buck this year with your buddies.444 Marlin?