Bullet weight for 300 RUM

I shoot a Remington RUM still wearing the factory stock (I free floated it) and a Timney trigger topped with a vortex 5x25x56. I'm shooting 168 TTSX hand loads ant 3445 fps and consistently get .5 MOA. The farthest Elk I've taken so far is 760 yards. That bullet hit so hard the Elk tipped over backwards and died right there. Try some different ammo out and see what your gun likes. My bullets are seated .07 off the lands. These just barely clear the internal magazine box. I could get better accuracy if I could stretch them some, but the 18 elk I've killed with this rifle didn't know I could have made tighter groups. hope this helps a little.

Thanks for the info and advice.

I bought a rifle from Refhawk Rifles. Its a Remington 700 base with a Bell and Carlson stock. I'm not reloading for it right now but may in the future. I thought that it may be just ammo this gun doesn't like but wanted to get opinions here too.

I was thinking of using the HSM Berbers but it's primarily a hunting rifle and have heard bad things about it meeting with bone of elk size animals.

I have been looking at the Hornady ELD but wasn't sure if it was just marketing or not.
Eld-M and X's are my go TI's in many calibers including 300 Bee and 338 Lapua. I wouldn't hesitate to try them....212s in the 300 Bee very good results! Good luck finding your sweet spot!

We offer test packs if you want to try 3 or 5 rounds of several different bullets. The 10 twist should be really good with 180s. Our test rifle is a 10 twist and run up through 225s with it.
North American Ammunition Company .
616 299 1349
I'm using North American Ammunition Company ammo in my 300 RUM. My rifle really likes the stuff. I'd highly recommend trying it since you're not reloading yourself.