Bullet question, Hammer Bullets vs others

2 things that I most often experience past 400 yds that effect groups for me is the ES in velocity and wind, I'm thinking ND is good kite country and there was no mention of the differences in velocity, understand you don't shoot for groups with the magneto speed on, but it matters at distance, keep in mind you mount your game not your test targets, your groups look good for a hunting rig, can we always do better, sure, but that can be an expensive rabbit hole, good luck drawing a tag sounds like your due, enjoy the journey

57.8 looks good.
Load them up and practice, you have 5 shots touching, your shooting form is why your sliding to 1moa. It's very difficult to always shoot .5moa and unrealistic.
I will certainly load more up and shoot a couple 3 shot groups at 100, 200 & 300 and share results

I'm pretty sure we can get you there. In fact if we can't well buy your bullets back.

Deal?
With that kinda certainly, I'm a fool not to try them. I'll order a 100 pk of the 124's.
Everything I've read says your bullets are not seating depth sensitive, so should I just pick a certain jump and load a ladder test?

So far yes they are that easy. At least In My 6.5. I'm gonna give it the real test as I ha e a very finicky 6x45 that only shoots 95gr sst at a very specific oal that leaves me unable to use the mag. So so I'm doing some hammers to see if they really will do it In every rifle.

.....Are they really that much easier to reload for?...... I'd rather have a consistent shooting load with a lighter bullet than an inconsistent heavier one.......

Yes they have been for me. If they haven't it's proven to be the rifle.

I think construction needs to alway be part of the, heavy vs lighter debate.

Putting the 2 together the most recent rifle I played with was my son in laws .270, less than a dozen rounds to an accurate load, and a whitetail buck on the ground. It's a shame the snow didn't completely cover the ground, for better pictures, but the ground looked like some one sloshed the ground with a gallon of cherry kool aid. More closely resembled an archery kill, I've only seen one blood trail better ever.

Ha! I don't know about every rifle. We have yet to come across one that is healthy that doesn't shoot solid sub moa.

One rifle so far that would not shoot anything well.

Load them to the longest oal that is not touching the lands that will function well in the rifle. That way if a seating depth adjustment is needed there is only one way to go. Shorter. Very seldom do we ever make a seating depth adjustment to get solid sub moa accuracy. You are after solid sub .5 moa so it may need to be done. Solid sub .5 moa is a pretty tall order for high end custom rifles, regardless of what you read on the internet about 1/4 moa all day 8 lb rifles. The guys that own those rifles should get out to a bench rest competition asap and become a legend.

That said I think we can get you better accuracy than you have been able to get so far.

2 things that I most often experience past 400 yds that effect groups for me is the ES in velocity and wind, I'm thinking ND is good kite country and there was no mention of the differences in velocity, understand you don't shoot for groups with the magneto speed on, but it matters at distance, keep in mind you mount your game not your test targets, your groups look good for a hunting rig, can we always do better, sure, but that can be an expensive rabbit hole, good luck drawing a tag sounds like your due, enjoy the journey

What does ES mean?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.