Hammer bullets

Elkhuntn247

I see a lot of guys running Hammer bullets these days, with some great results. I've ran burgers forever, and have seen great accuracy with them. But killing wise I haven't been super impressed. They dump some animals in their tracks. Some run off and we end up trailing them.

Just looking for your guys experiences with hammer bullets. Considering trying them in my 28 nosler.

I see a lot of guys running Hammer bullets these days, with some great results. I've ran burgers forever, and have seen great accuracy with them. But killing wise I haven't been super impressed. They dump some animals in their tracks. Some run off and we end up trailing them.

Just looking for your guys experiences with hammer bullets. Considering trying them in my 28 nosler.
One of my top two combos of all is the 143g Hammer Hunter at 3600 fps in the 28n. This is very tough to keep up with to very long range for anything else. Legit to 900y on elk and makes a 600y shot feel like 300y.

I haven't had any long shots with Hammers yet but they do kill.No chasing animals very far.
A few years ago my brother and I went hog hunting and I would have never used a 223 for hunting but he said it's like Thor's Hammer.
I shot 3 hogs,the first died on the spot and the second died within a few feet and the third was not a great shot as he was moving on and my brother finished him with one shot.Post mortem showed why he chose that 52 gr Hammer Hunter.Insides were liquid.Not a lot of meat lost but heart and lungs were liquid.
I was sold on them back then.
I bough some 180 gr 166gr and 152 gr 30 cal bullets,180 for 300 win mag,166 for 30-06 and 152 for 308 although a 124 would work just as good and more velocity.
Super easy for load development if you clean your barrel to bare metal before you ever shoot a Hammer.
Edit to mention,They are always in stock!Berger and Nosler and others can't say that

One of my top two combos of all is the 143g Hammer Hunter at 3600 fps in the 28n. This is very tough to keep up with to very long range for anything else. Legit to 900y on elk and makes a 600y shot feel like 300y.
Exactly what I'm looking at is the 143. I'm headed to NZ in May after Tahr and want to be able to anchor them where there stand. Just losing confidence in the Berger's, especially after this last season.

Hammers have been really consistent for me. From 50yd to 460yd, they just do their thing. Massive pulmonary trauma, and yet very little meat damage...

Pay attention to the suggested twist rates and you will not be disappointed!
That was the first think I noticed when I started researching. They want to be spun fast. I've got a 7mm 1:8.24 twist. So I think as long as I stay lighter than the 177gr I should be good 👌🏻

Order some up today and save 12%.

Of course, the hook is coming! A new prototype being tested won't be long and it will be the next new slug drug you can't give up.

And Steve, what is your second favorite all time combo??;)
I'm not buying a 28 Nosler but have a few .280AI's so even if you tell me a fib I'll have more money for bullets!!
Win Win

Order some up today and save 12%.

Of course, the hook is coming! A new prototype being tested won't be long and it will be the next new slug drug you can't give up.

And Steve, what is your second favorite all time combo??;)
I'm not buying a 28 Nosler but have a few .280AI's so even if you tell me a fib I'll have more money for bullets!!
Win Win
In a factory chamber it has to be the 300 rum running the 199g Hammer Hunter at 3400 fps. This I think it's the most potent combo without going with a wildcat.