Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed vs. Sauer 100 Atacama, in 6.5 PRC

Thanks for the info guys. Something I didn't realize before is that Browning has metric thread pattern, ugh, that kinda sucks because I was wanting to twist a suppressor onto it. Makes me lean back towards the Sauer in spite of a lot of features that I prefer on the Browning. If anyone has any firsthand experience with accuracy of either of these rifles I'd be interested to hear that.
Not sure what you are saying about the metric threads. My HCLR x-bolt and all the calibers above 223 have Imperial threads on the barrel. In a 6.5 you won't have any issue and can screw on a standard 5/8-24 without any issue. My trigger spring changed super easily, they haven't changed the trigger. I lean to the Browning. My 6.5 Creedmoor shoots 10 shots into .854" groups with ELDX. I expect the PRC to do the same.

Attachments

• BCAF532F-E9F1-4510-8FA0-27ED28774768.png
    BCAF532F-E9F1-4510-8FA0-27ED28774768.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 382
I was going to let you know about thread adapters available at Silencer Co. I know I looked at one for my Savage Long Range Hunter in 6.5 that comes with a muzzle brake that has "different" threads. But ga6570 states that is has 5/8-24, your good to go....I have an old Browning A Bolt stainless in 7 mag (sold one prior) and both of them have shot sub 3/4" and at times unbelievably small groups with handloads. I believe the Sauer should be an awesome rifle as well. In your heart, you know which you like better, go for it, and thank Santa for it.....

my personal experience with the Xbolts were fantastic.
i love the Sauer rifle also

love the Bergara Pro Series the best NO DOUBT. My choice for the best factory rifle built, it is getting above your budget a bit.

Id buy the Browning in your situation

I bought a Browning X Bolt Max long range. Trigger was BAD,rifle shot awful. Long story short I couldn't get rid of it soon enough . I've heard rave reviews on the Sauer 100 ,german engineering ! But now I have one of Bergara's Premier series rifles,first trip to rifle range, the rifle surpassed they're SUB MOA guarantee

Yes, I am aware of the spring. I have been told the hole that the spring used to come out of such as in the video is no longer there on newer Brownings. I would do some more research before you bought a rifle with the plan to get a better trigger for $15. No skin in the game for me. Just a heads up.
I bought one in September and got the spring a few weeks later, it fits fine. That said the pull went from perhaps 7lbs down to 5. :/
It's got a Timney on it now and it's all good.

Almost EVERY Factory rifle needs a Trigger Tech or another TOP Notch, after-market, trigger , set to whatever pill weight the owner is comfortable

We now have the trigger problem SOLVED.

Lets get this man his rifle

Almost EVERY Factory rifle needs a Trigger Tech or another TOP Notch, after-market, trigger , set to whatever pill weight the owner is comfortable

We now have the trigger problem SOLVED.

Lets get this man his rifle
Bergara are great out of the box. Savage is very good. Christensen arms are great. Tikka's are great. The only ones with garbage triggers are Browning and Remington. Just my two cents.

Thanks for the info guys. Something I didn't realize before is that Browning has metric thread pattern, ugh, that kinda sucks because I was wanting to twist a suppressor onto it. Makes me lean back towards the Sauer in spite of a lot of features that I prefer on the Browning. If anyone has any firsthand experience with accuracy of either of these rifles I'd be interested to hear that.
I run an x-bolt and it shoots clover leafs at 100 yards. Although it is in 300 wm. Vais out of Hondo Tx will make you a brake thread specific for your rifle although the hells canyon comes with and has the protector included. I am sure taking a moment to shop for a different brake you will find exactly what is best for you.