Browning X bolt Max long range 6.5 PRC

Iron Worker

Just bought one of these today from local Sports men's Warehouse . All kinds of custom features for only $1099. Glass bedded ,free floated Muzzle brake along with thread protector ,26" Fluted bbl Button rifled ,60 degree bolt throw ,Sako like extractor . I'm acquiring dies and components now. Periodic post to follow

just got one as well hope it shoots as good as all the others i have seen. hope to get the m carbo spring shortly and get to the range. mine is a creedmoor though the long range maxs have been hard to find still

M Carbo spring arrived . Watched video and it looked like they removed some metal from trigger to pull factory spring out. I wasn't gonna do that,so i adjusted factory spring as much as possible..... Ok so loaded up some ammo and shot rifle in raw desert conditions(windy,non level ground,unstable bench ) I need to learn this rifle,has tons of potential.Will be shooting it today at public rifle range. Bore size of the factory muzzle break is .335 rifle bore is 6.5 so break is mostly ineffective . Ordered a new baffle brake today with proper bore size.

The Mcarbo spring was a pain to install, but once it was in it is very nice. Took about 30 minutes and multiple times that I almost said forget it before I was finally able to get the factory spring out.

Good to hear your experiences guys, thanks...I bought a few Mcarbos for my Xbolts a couple of years ago but after hearing some experiences also was a little concerned about me effing things up in trying to get the original spring out and really not enough time these days to mess with it. I'll try when I have more time. I'm not sure how much the factory trigger is degrading my precision/accuracy but they are definitely crisp and I do wish them to be a little lighter.