Browning X Bolt Max Long Range

xsn10s

I mounted a scope yesterday at the shop for a customer's rifle. I didn't pull the trigger but I have to say I was impressed. Anyone get one of these?

I have one in 6.5 prc. Everything is great except trigger. 4.5 lbs is as light as mine would go. Got new spring for it and now its 2lbs and good to go. The gun is light enough with scope 8.8lbs. Been very happy with it, except trigger.

My son has one it's shooting half inch groups at 200. One holes at 100. All with factory.
6.5 PRC
never sad anything about the trigger.

I bought the hells canyon version in 280AI this spring and cannot say enough good things about it, except for the trigger. A MCARBO replacement spring resulted in a crisp 1.5# pull. It's been a solid 1/2 moa rifle with everything from 90 grain hammers to 195 bergers, I see another one in my near future.

My brother has one in 300 RUM. Accurate and nice gun. I installed the Mcarbo spring to fix the trigger which is quite nice now.

I have the HCLR McM in 28 Nosler with Mcarbo spring also. Accurate, and deadly.

Unfortunetly there isn't much after market support for the Brownings. But if the rifle shoots as it sits then that doesn't matter too much if it fits the shooter. Can you owners post pictures of groups or steel shots at distance?

My Browning X-Bolt HCLR McM 28 Nosler has shot 1/2 MOA at 400 yds using a Matrix 175 VLD & IMR8133. I will be trying other bullets in it since the Matrix isn't available anymore.

It shoots the Hornady 166 A-Tip pretty good too but I've not shot it past 100 yds.

I'll post a phot up later. Actually I believe I already have on here in the past.

As far as aftermarket support you are correct. Stocks are available from McMillan and others. Trigger can be upgraded to a Timney but the MCarbo spring works like a charm and turned our two X-Bolt triggers into very nice triggers.

Barrels can be had from same sources as other brands (Bartlein, Krieger, Brux, etc), so I'm not sure what other aftermarket support is needed.

My gun shoots good as is, as does my brothers.

I'll see if I can find my 400 yd target and post the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0017.png
    IMG_0017.png
    599.3 KB · Views: 29
My Browning X-Bolt HCLR McM 28 Nosler has shot 1/2 MOA at 400 yds using a Matrix 175 VLD & IMR8133. I will be trying other bullets in it since the Matrix isn't available anymore.

It shoots the Hornady 166 A-Tip pretty good too but I've not shot it past 100 yds.

I'll post a phot up later. Actually I believe I already have on here in the past.

As far as aftermarket support you are correct. Stocks are available from McMillan and others. Trigger can be upgraded to a Timney but the MCarbo spring works like a charm and turned our two X-Bolt triggers into very nice triggers.

Barrels can be had from same sources as other brands (Bartlein, Krieger, Brux, etc), so I'm not sure what other aftermarket support is needed.

My gun shoots good as is, as does my brothers.

I'll see if I can find my 400 yd target and post the photo.
Looks great! I don't see the need of a trigger if the spring works fine. If a person wanted a lighter pull then an aftermarket trigger is fine. I'd be satisfied with a McMillan. I didn't handle the Max LR much but it felt just fine to me.

The Mcarbo spring made mine quite light and crisp. I've not measured the pull weight yet but it's very nice. I've got some 24 oz and 16 oz triggers and this mcarbo trigger is very comparable. I'm sure it's just under 2 lb or so. At $15 plus shipping, it was well worth doing. Plus I got to keep the bolt release function.

Only trigger I have that beats my Mcarbo modified X-Bolt is my Jewell triggers in my Remington 700's.

The Mcarbo spring made mine quite light and crisp. I've not measured the pull weight yet but it's very nice. I've got some 24 oz and 16 oz triggers and this mcarbo trigger is very comparable. I'm sure it's just under 2 lb or so. At $15 plus shipping, it was well worth doing. Plus I got to keep the bolt release function.

Only trigger I have that beats my Mcarbo modified X-Bolt is my Jewell triggers in my Remington 700's.
Yeah I'd want to keep the bolt release. My factory Remingtons with old style triggers are adjusted down to 1 3/4 and 2lbs. I'm sure they aren't as nice as Jewells. So with the spring on the Browning it's probably close.