Browning X bolt 25-06 accuracy problems

Wow this thread has thread has been hopin since I've been buried in work!
First of all congrats Grantk on a beautiful buck.
Second I wish I had a good suggestion for you MTank. I've had bad luck with most of the factory loads in all of my rifles, regardless of caliber, since ammo got hard to find. As a result I haven't been focusing much on factory stuff. I'm not saying it's all bad. I've just given up spending factory prices for such dismal results. Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction.

I have two 264 win mags and both of them I had to use the Tubbs fire lapping system because the copper fouled so bad. it made cleaning quick and easy and improved accuracy greatly. I hope this helps

This is the EXACT same story I posted on my X-Bolt in 7mmMag!! It's crazy that the browning is such a good rifle but accuracy problems. I also have velocity spikes with my XBolt. I have tried different powders brass bullets and still the same things as awesome groups one time and crazy fliers here and there. Tried using the rear bag and rock rest on front and still same. Also tried bipod with rear bag\ loading up the bipod and still same. I think only way is ti have it rebarrelled or trade off for Remington or savage. Lol

I have a a-bolt ll 30/06 22" & I shoot 165 gr sst Hornady & @ 200 yards it cuts holes. My Remington 700 7mm 24" I shoot 154 gr sst Hornady w/the same results as the 30/06. However the x bolt wants to be a pain. I did kill 2 deer with this year one @ 140 yards & one @ 335 yards on paper it's not Impressive.

This is the EXACT same story I posted on my X-Bolt in 7mmMag!! It's crazy that the browning is such a good rifle but accuracy problems. I also have velocity spikes with my XBolt. I have tried different powders brass bullets and still the same things as awesome groups one time and crazy fliers here and there. Tried using the rear bag and rock rest on front and still same. Also tried bipod with rear bag\ loading up the bipod and still same. I think only way is ti have it rebarrelled or trade off for Remington or savage. Lol
Rebarrel it... You won't be disappointed. A-Bolts make some of the nicest and smoothest customs out there. I have one built on my old A-Bolt II that was doing the same thing. So I snatched the barrel and had a new one fitted up. Kept it the same caliber 7mmRM. Haven't had a chance to go shoot it since the rebarrel, but I have high hopes.

I'm seriously considering selling or trading my x-bolt. Yes I made a coup kills but the accuracy isn't there @ all.

I'm seriously considering selling or trading my x-bolt. Yes I made a coup kills but the accuracy isn't there @ all.
That's the same scenario with my Weatherby Accumark .257 Wby... Dropped a few deer, but accuracy sucked, so I traded it in. And I don't believe in trading or selling guns...I just believe in buying more.

I traded my nearly new 270 weatherby accumark for this heep. It shot extremely well but since I don't reload it cost a fortune togun). Imma a dumba$$...

I traded my nearly new 270 weatherby accumark for this heep. It shot extremely well but since I don't reload it cost a fortune togun). Imma a dumba$$...

No, you got rid of a heap, for a rifle that just needs some load workup. The only way I'll ever buy another Weatherby, is if I find a Mark V Deluxe for under $500, and I plan on truing and rebarreling it into a semi-custom build.

You should reload, it makes guns that "wont' shoot", shoot. It's like a miracle drug for sickly weapons. It's helped several of mine go from "huntable" to precision shooters.

I had two complaints with the bee. Cost of the ammo & the non balanced feel of the gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.