Browning X-Bolt Accuracy

SavageScott

I have had a few posts regarding my X-Bolt accuracy (300 wsm). I wanted to post a pic showning my latest trip to the range this morning. This is crazy; darn near 3 shots through the same hole!

Attachments

• DSCN0645.jpg
    DSCN0645.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 315
I've had a bunch of great groups with my XBolt 300 WSM but most were in the 1/2 inch mark not the 1/4 inch mark. What load are you shooting? I truly think the XBolt is the most underrated light weight hunting rifle there is.

Mine have mostly been around a 1/2". This time I really took my time between my shots and didn't rush anything (which is NOT like me). I wanted to see it's potential!

I don't load my own (don't have time). I am using Winchester Supreme Elite 150 grainers. All of the Brownings I own like them. They are expensive, but worthwhile in my mind!

There are lots of people with $3,000 customs weighing well over 10 pounds that can't come close to that accuracy. You should be very pleased with the rifle!

I am definitely pleased. I really think that's pretty good for a 300 caliber with no muzzle brake. Now I have to fina another gun project to start :)

Nah. Browning is hated for some reason (lol) and I don't know why. I will say that I WOULD put my current X-Bolt up against any Savage out there now :D it is just a sweeeeeet shooter!

When the A-Bolts came out most gun writers agreed that they were the most accurate out-of-the-box rifles being offered by any major gun company. The X-Bolts may be even better. Savage has taken the lead in accuracy, but that doesn't make a Browning any less accurate than they already were.

If I were to bet on the accuracy of a new rifle I hadn't shot, I would pick a Savage over a Browning. Then again, on my last elk hunt, a VERY EXPENSIVE HUNT, I chose to cary a Browning Stainless Stalker because it was the most accurate big-game rifle in the safe.

On this forum many people shy away from Brownings since many are customizing their guns & the smaller number of Browning Arms being produced means there are far fewer aftermarket parts to fit than for the Rem 700, Model 70, or even Savage actions. If you ask these same people which they would cary if they could make no modifications Rem 700 would likely score below most other makes & models — and many would cary Brownings.

My wife's Xbolt 300win shoots decent, but doesnt match that, yet. Its about broke in, just need to work on an accuracy load. My model 70 300RUM still trumps everything else I own though. After elk season, I'm going to see if I can duplicate the 3shot group I made with it, at 200yards.

sweet group... I got an A Bolt MT Ti .300 WSM with 4.5-14 Leupy and DNZ mount, bedding it myself and had stock camo dipped in red camo (something different). Had to put a muzzle brake on this guy cause the recoil was a killer on such a light rifle. getting some decent groups just under .5 moa with some loads that I'm working up using 190 Bergers and Re-17 and also trying H Superformance. gotta chrono load shot yesterday with 64.0 gr of Re 17 but should hopefully be breaking 3000 fps. (COAL is to factory spec to utilize magazine)

Thanks for the pic! I'm choosing between the X-Bolt and the Winchester Model 70 and that pic has made me lean toward the X-Bolt! Haha

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.