Browning X-bolt out of the box accuracy?

Sad to hear that Browning has lousy customer service. I like their firearms designs.

But Kimber has had it's share of quality issues too.

For me Ruger has always been very reliable (except for their American centerfire rifle magazines, which they promptly replaced and also fixed the overall problem of weak follower springs. Ruger's CS is very prompt.

Eric B.

Quite right. I went around and around w/kimber and a 1911. I always try to have it in my head: 'What if this thing is a lemon? What is plan 'B'?' I liked the platform so much that I was will to spend the extra $$ to fix any problem and to fine tune other features. I re-barreld my Montana, being happy with the stock and action. I spent big $$ on the 1911. It is a great pistol. But the credit goes to other gunsmiths that added the clark comp, etc., not kimber.

I have the Xbolt in a 7mm rem mag & love the gun, one of my favorites as far as accuracy (hand loads) just sits there & chews one ragged hole. My only complaint is the trigger, although it's crisp I'm not happy with only being able to get it down to 3-3&1/4 lb. Although it's kinda easy to get past that with the accuracy it has. IMO probably one of the best production rifles for the $$$ out there. You get a free floated barrel, glass bedded recoil lug & if I remember correctly spot bedded as well.

I had a X Bolt in 7 WSM. Tried multiple powders and bullets, but could never get it to shoot very good. Best load was with a Berger and only shot 1.25" at 100 yds. I did have a 30-06 A Bolt years ago that shot very well. Wish I hadn't sold it.

JARD no makes a drop in trigger for the X-Bolt. This is a quick fix to any trigger problems.

My daughter shoots an X-Bolt Micro in 7mm-08. VERY accurate and her trigger is fine at 3#'s

I would get the JARD at 1.5# all day long

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.