Bourbon for Tonight?

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Bourbon is my favorite libation. I kind of liked it when I was introduced to a half gallon of Jim Beam while I was in the USMC in SE Asia. We could get a Half Gallon for $2.86 on base. Would get a bottle and a six pack of coke and watch the F4 Phantoms and Cobras on bombing runs.
Currently haven't had a good glass of Bourbon let alone any bourbon in a long time. Hard to believe some of the more expensive Bourbons.
I like to see when some members post their bottle of bourbon with a good glass.

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof A121
Bardstown
Maker's Mark
When I do get a bottle, I usually get Maker's Mark or Knob Creek and pour it in a favorite Cut Lead Crystel Heavy Glass. Big difference from a tin canteen cup. Need to buy a bottle soon before the price goes out of sight.

Bourbon is my favorite libation. I kind of liked it when I was introduced to a half gallon of Jim Beam while I was in the USMC in SE Asia. We could get a Half Gallon for $2.86 on base. Would get a bottle and a six pack of coke and watch the F4 Phantoms and Cobras on bombing runs.
Currently haven't had a good glass of Bourbon let alone any bourbon in a long time. Hard to believe some of the more expensive Bourbons.

That is the best drinkin' story ever. Weller is my go to. Neat, on a rock, with water etc. never disappoints. There are so many good bourbons out there. I enjoy the rare and hard to find but any decent bourbon is excellent as far as I'm concerned.

In that case…here ya go. Cheers! 🥃

C1089343-8DB3-464B-821A-1FB2AD93D5D0.jpeg

Let me share a little I know about bourbon.

First, you need to start by drinking small amounts (0.5oz) tasters. Try it neat, try it with 1 cube of ice. Try adding 1-10 drops of water. Drink your sip by breathing in over the glass taking in the vapors. Drink, taste and swallow without breathing in. Wait a couple seconds to savor after swallowing, then breathe. Think about flavors, textures, smells. How did you like it? What would be better? Did water or ice change it?

Try a decent wheated bourbon like Makers Mark.

Try a good rye bourbon like Blantons.

Tonight, I will dive into a Maker's 46 cask strength or maybe an Old Grandad 114.

I prefer any taller glass full ice then pour 3/4 full of very cold scotch. Slowly enjoy. But seems everyone is in a hurry so the shot glass usually get things started.
Must admit I always lean towards scotch over whiskey. Just haven't found my whiskey yet. Maybe it's because I have many leather bound books.

Attachments

• 986C691C-8F83-4223-9F50-D1A2E728C79E.jpeg
    986C691C-8F83-4223-9F50-D1A2E728C79E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • A0788603-D63F-4456-B67B-2BD73848A8C3.jpeg
    A0788603-D63F-4456-B67B-2BD73848A8C3.jpeg
    916.1 KB · Views: 26

Almost 65k for a bottle? That like buying 8lbs rl26 and a few bricks of primers on gunbroker.