Bourbon for Tonight?

I agree on Rare Breed! Great stuff and fairly easy to find, except lately. Not up to Elijah Craig Barrel Proof standard, but a solid choice nonetheless. Some of the Maker's Cask Strength offerings are really good too. Normally, I'm a scotch guy, but I've been on a bourbon kick for the last year or so. For a very solid casual offering, two stand out. Bulleit 100% Rye and 1792.

I prefer any taller glass full ice then pour 3/4 full of very cold scotch. Slowly enjoy. But seems everyone is in a hurry so the shot glass usually get things started.
Must admit I always lean towards scotch over whiskey. Just haven't found my whiskey yet. Maybe it's because I have many leather bound books.
Used to drink Glenlivet & Glenfiddich. Those were the days.

Redemption, bulliet and 1792 are my main stays. I used to be a blended whiskey guy but during covid I started sampling more bourbons and now I'm hooked. Cheasnut farms is great bourbon for when I treat myself. I like it neat and on the rocks.

Price is a big factor with my bourbon selection. George Dickel has been my choice for years. I like the Dickel with ice. After being outside in cold weather, hot coffee with a shot of bourbon is nice. In this case Jim Beam tastes better (personal preference) than the Dickel.

Used to drink Glenlivet & Glenfiddich. Those were the days.
LOL. Was stationed in Naples, Italy and traveled to Turkey a lot. My Turkish liaison had me over to his place. The host's idea of a before dinner drink was a tall water glass filled with Johnny Walker's Black Label. No ice and no water. And after 30 to 40 minutes "What, you haven't finished it yet?" Yikes, talk about a hangover.