Bolt lift click on tikka

Tikka's seem to do this about the 3rd or 4th firing with warm loads and ADG brass. I'm guessing on your brass just because I have experienced the exact same thing. Next firing it's going to be worst. I have 100 pieces of ADG 6.5 saum brass that only has 3 firings on it that I retired because of this same issue.

I started into a new box of brass and backed off on the load to see if it would last longer without clicking. My gunsmith buddy cut down a extra die I had to make a small base die. Jury is still out on that, I think I need to have him take even more off of it. I tried 10 cases thru it with what we thought was adequate sizing and still got clickers.
The small base die probably won't fix it, your chamber is too tight

The small base die probably won't fix it, your chamber is too tight
It may be. Option #2 is to open up the back of the chamber. It's interesting though because I had another saum chambered with the same reamer and never had a single issue in a different action and that was hot rodding it and am at 9 firings on the brass and not a single clicker. That reamer has been used a bunch and the only issue has been tikka actions.

It may be. Option #2 is to open up the back of the chamber. It's interesting though because I had another saum chambered with the same reamer and never had a single issue in a different action and that was hot rodding it and am at 9 firings on the brass and not a single clicker. That reamer has been used a bunch and the only issue has been tikka actions.
If that's the case I had a .260 AR barrel with a similar issue.

On advice of an old gunsmith in the area I ran a .250" copper rod through a hole centered in a fired case up to the neck and made it a permanent fixture with some epoxy.

I then attached it to a drill and bathed it in lapping compound and slowly worked it into the chamber for about thirty seconds at a time before slicking it up again.

It was a slow process and after checking it periodically after hosing it out with gun scrubber using a piece of 3x fired brass as a gauge things limbered up a bit.

Took it out and shot it, still had some stickiness but much less and strangely only on the first round.

Repeated the process.

Been running great every since.

To me this sounds like an Issue Tikka should fix but since it's only reloads you've having problems with I doubt they will so you might want to discuss having it reamed or polished by a GS to see if you can improve on the issue.

Yes ADG brass.

Would a Redding full body die help?

Is it running the brass too hot or is it a die issue? I'm on 4x firings on my Saum brass. Everything else looks good.

Yes ADG brass.

Would a Redding full body die help?

Is it running the brass too hot or is it a die issue? I'm on 4x firings on my Saum brass. Everything else looks good.
Are you seeing any other pressure signs at all like flattened primers, ripples circling the primers or flattened bases such that the print is getting somewhat misshapen? If not the full length small base die might help but of course, no guarantees.

Are you seeing any other pressure signs at all like flattened primers, ripples circling the primers or flattened bases such that the print is getting somewhat misshapen? If not the full length small base die might help but of course, no guarantees.
Nope. So far so good on primers. Very light extractor marks once in a while. I'm definitely pushing it a little.

Nope. So far so good on primers. Very light extractor marks once in a while. I'm definitely pushing it a little.
Have you had the same issues with lighter loads? I know it's something of a sacrilege but you might consider giving up some velocity if you can still maintain accuracy.

The critters down range won't notice the difference. 😁

Have you had the same issues with lighter loads? I know it's something of a sacrilege but you might consider giving up some velocity if you can still maintain accuracy.

The critters down range won't notice the difference. 😁
I don't know if I can do that!!!!

If I can get it sized correctly I will try some lighter loads.

Lighter loads are your best bet. If it's anything like mine (and it sounds exactly the same) A different die won't cure it. I tried 3 different saum dies and none of them improved the problem. The cut down die as a small base is still TBD on if it works.

Your definitely on the warm side with that load I would say. IME with adg brass it's hard enough that when you do get ejector marks your probably past warm load territory. I need to just load and fire a few pieces of my new brass repeatedly with the lower load to see how long it can go or if I just need to have the chamber opened up a smidge.

I have seen something like this before. Do you have a scope on the rifle? If so, pull the bolt out and look at the top of chamber see if any scope Mount screws are extended down too long into chamber hitting the bolt.

This has happened to me when running hot loads in tight chambers, I noticed it especially with my old 300 prc.
Basically if the case doesn't have much room to expand at the web then your die will never be able to size it down enough to avoid clickers
Wow i must be really old if we are calling a 300 prc old!😂😂😂

This has happened to me when running hot loads in tight chambers, I noticed it especially with my old 300 prc.
Basically if the case doesn't have much room to expand at the web then your die will never be able to size it down enough to avoid clickers
Sizing then lowering the pressure make it go away?