Bolt lift click on tikka

The .200" was measured from the back of the brass, not the rim. Not sure if that's correct but the numbers seem telling. I took a picture for reference. It doesn't look like the rcbs dies are getting it back to virgin diameter.
image.jpg
image.jpg

The .200" was measured from the back of the brass, not the rim. Not sure if that's correct but the numbers seem telling. I took a picture for reference. It doesn't look like the rcbs dies are getting it back to virgin diameter.View attachment 334402View attachment 334401
Hence your issue exists! Now it's possible NO die will get it back to original size. The die could crack before getting it under enough and then allowing spring back of the brass. Again, give Whidden a call as I'm sure they've built a bunch of SAUM dies.

Hence your issue exists!
Oh I know I have issues! The question is what is causing them and how do I fix them! 😃

Do I need to drop pressure or just get a better sizing die…or both? The gun shoots so danged well I hate to mess with my powder charge.

Just when you have everything figured out… Or I should say when you think you have everything figured out… Take a look at this case I painted with a sharpie. That ring is very obvious.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 120
Oh I know I have issues! The question is what is causing them and how do I fix them! 😃

Do I need to drop pressure or just get a better sizing die…or both? The gun shoots so danged well I hate to mess with my powder charge.
Probably both and some new Brass also. The likelihood you will get that sized back down is slim to none. Or shoot as is until you get the clickers and then time for new brass. Or modify the the chamber like is being done on the PRCs.

Your chamber is barely larger than the web of virgin brass, looks like the reamer was saami minimum.
The only way to fix your issue is to rechamber with a reamer that gives you a few more thousandths of expansion.
Then you can squeeze that web down to fit your chamber without cracking your die
Edit: sounds like guys are also honing out the chamber a little so that might be an easy fix

Last edited:
Hence your issue exists! Now it's possible NO die will get it back to original size. The die could crack before getting it under enough and then allowing spring back of the brass. Again, give Whidden a call as I'm sure they've built a bunch of SAUM dies.
Roll size

At .745" from the case head is the ring where it's binding.

Attachments

• 1B5F5AAE-3F51-4681-93D4-7619719FAB5B.jpeg
    1B5F5AAE-3F51-4681-93D4-7619719FAB5B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Your chamber is barely larger than the web of virgin brass, looks like the reamer was saami minimum.
The only way to fix your issue is to rechamber with a reamer that gives you a few more thousandths of expansion.
Then you can squeeze that web down to fit your chamber without cracking your die
With the last picture it looks like my issue is at .745" from the head. Does this change your thinking? The webbing area looks clean.

With the last picture it looks like my issue is at .745" from the head. Does this change your thinking? The webbing area looks clean.
I think that ring is where your case head is separating, I'm guessing you've been bumping your shoulder back pretty far trying to size the base down

I think that ring is where your case head is separating, I'm guessing you've been bumping your shoulder back pretty far trying to size the base down
.002-.003"

I painted the case with a sharpie and chambered it, then ejected it and that ring popped up. It looks like it's from the inside of the chamber. Something scraping on the case.