Savage Bolt Lift

I did one a few years back that used a ceramic ball bearing and piece of 38 special brass, I think. It lightened it up noticeably.

I have a couple ultra lites and axises that are super stiff. Sounds like I need to get a few dash kits ordered.
I got an email from him apologizing for late responses. He has some serious health challenges. Hoping he beats this and gets back to health.
If you're ordering he should be able to get it shipped.

I have 3 110 production rifles (2-300wm , 1-338lm) and 2 lam receivers for 110's (264wm and 300wm) builds. All seem to be easy on the bolt, so why the kit then? Did you have a bolt that was more difficult to operate?

The 3 in my avatar are the 3 noted (L-338lm, M-300wm, R 300wm ba/le).

Apparently not all Savage bolts are stiff on cocking. But plenty of complaints they are. I have some plans to polish the cocking ramp in the bolt and add Desh's kit as well. Mine is quite difficult.
A Remington I have was remedied by polishing the sliding surfaces with a hard Arkansas stone.
Guess that's one reason a quality aftermarket action is so desirable. Like butter.

I bought Desh's kit. Haven't installed it yet for this new build. But it is heavy without doing anything with it. Mine is a new Savage 12 action.
I think he has the best one in the market.
I got an email from him apologizing for late responses. He has some serious health challenges. Hoping he beats this and gets back to health.
If you're ordering he should be able to get it shipped.
Me too! 🙏🙏🙏