Bipod Suggestions For a Stock with a Picatinny Rail

I just run a pic adapter on a Harris, the Atlas just don't do it for me and I've never kept one for long, really hate them.

For frame of reference, USSOCOM chose the "lowly" Harris S for their new Advanced Sniper Rifle (ASR) Barrett MK22 Deployment Kit. That seems to be a rather pragmatic application. They tested, evaluated every thing they could get their hands on, and had no constraints in selection process......other than what supports putting rounds on target.......reliably...and what will "take a lickin', and keep on tickin'" despite young Jarheads under grave stress.. According to Kevin Owens of the Development Team, the Atlas has more play requiring more pre-load and recoil management technique than the Harris......and was cheaper. Wait, that last part can't be right coming from my government????? I'm sure they'll figure that oversight out better. Harris mounts to hand guard via M-Lok and QD lever attachment. Recently received it and haven't removed to further inspect yet.

Last edited:
Harris will work, I used them for years, but if your wanting a well made, versatile, lightweight bipod with fast deployment, the TBAC bipod is hard to beat.

I usually run an Atlas. I was given a Warne Skyline by a friend to try for awhile. I have to say I'm really impressed. Built well and addresses a few things I don't like about the Atlas like the pan and tilt. It doesn't loosen up with use. It also has an adapter so I can use all of my atlas accessories.

Take a look at modular evolution bipods I have tried Harris and still own a bt but being able to stack legs and shoot from prone to sitting with a simple leg addition has been a game changer for me ( I haven't been fortunate enough to go prone with all the tall sage brush ) most of my shots on game have been from sitting with my pack for a rear rest. And I can carry the legs in the side pocket of the pack and they are only a few ounces .that said I'm trying out the area 419 arca mount to direct mount to a tripod so far it looks like the ticket have been able to connect on rocks at 1150yrds consistantly so under 1000yds on game should be good on a calm day

I have a Magpul on my hunting rifle, its fairly light weight and gets the job done. Runs about $120. I like the Atlas as well but its at least twice as much $.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.