Bipod suggestions

Atlas 5-9" or Harris 6-9" I don't think you can go wrong. They both have features I like. Having both, I have become partial to the Atlas. The Atlas will be roughly double the price of a Harris. Maybe try to find someone with different ones to try out before you purchase.

Last edited:
My perseverance runs towards the smooth legs so I can get the cant precise. They can slip if you don't lock them properly but they are more precise.
yeah I should've added that I only use the bipods that tilt. And pretty much what Cody said, tilting bipod with locking lever and a rear bag gtg for prone.

My perseverance runs towards the smooth legs so I can get the cant precise. They can slip if you don't lock them properly but they are more precise.
yeah I should've added that I only use the bipods that tilt. And pretty much what Cody said, tilting bipod with locking lever and a rear bag gtg for prone.

Fair point. I had a couple of the early S models and they had problems with the locks. I understand they've fixed that but I haven't tried any since.

The grass is so tall most of the places I hunt I shoot more standing than anything and I've grown fond of the short tripods when the grass isn't a problem.

That makes sense. I want to figure out a good rear rest for sitting/kneeling, I currently have a stoney point tripod front rest, but if I came across a shooting scenario that required sitting and was shooting much over 400 yards, I would need a solid rear rest. I have tried practicing using my pack frame for the rear rest, but I feel there could be something better. What would you recommend?

That makes sense. I want to figure out a good rear rest for sitting/kneeling, I currently have a stoney point tripod front rest, but if I came across a shooting scenario that required sitting and was shooting much over 400 yards, I would need a solid rear rest. I have tried practicing using my pack frame for the rear rest, but I feel there could be something better. What would you recommend?
use a backpack like you use a rear bag. Tuck it between ur leg and buttstock and elbow, you can use any rest, even long bipods to make very accurate sitting shots

own a harris s-brm and a atlas PRS with the adm Quick detach.
the Atlas is in another league, it is rock solid. can't recommend it highly enough

I use a bipod that matches the height of my front tripod. Really makes a huge difference.

This is one of the reasons I choose the Gen 3 Trigger Six pipod and tripods. Very quick aand precise in their adjustments

I was leaning toward the 9-13 models. I am unsure of the height of the grasses or the terrain in the area we are going. I think the area is fairly mountainous. Elevation around 6000 ft.

If there is tall grass, the 6-9" models are pretty much useless. The taller ones, however, make a really long shot dicey as you just can't get steady enough. If you get a Harris style, get a Harris, the Chinese knock-off are terrible.

If there is tall grass, the 6-9" models are pretty much useless. The taller ones, however, make a really long shot dicey as you just can't get steady enough. If you get a Harris style, get a Harris, the Chinese knock-off are terrible.
Lotta truth here. In tall grass/brush you'll still end up having to brace off of a pack, sticks, etc in which case the BP's can often really be in the way which is why QD mounts are really essential.

You really never know what you're going to need until you find yourself trying to set up for a shot which is why I try to keep my options as open as possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.