I need a section of picatinny to attach my Atlas bipod. Suggestions on best/easiest way?

DocGlenn

I have a single sling swivel stud on the forend. I don't mind drilling an extra hole, I just want to make sure I don't screw it up. Any suggestions on the best way to add a piece of rail that will allow me to attach my bipod and sling? Thanks!

Install a tee nut into your stock. The easiest way to get it on location, for guys that are doing it by hand or on a drill press is to install the rail onto your front single swivel stud (hoping it's a 10-32 instead of a self tapper, depends on stock) line it up square and snug it down with the front bolt, and then use the other thru hole as your guide. You can find tee nut installation videos online.

I then use piece of rail with built in sling stud,my app faces back,because I run safari slings Seekings rail

Harris makes an adapter as well.

06219FBC-24B3-47A2-BAC1-A86612E75365.jpeg

I have a single sling swivel stud on the forend. I don't mind drilling an extra hole, I just want to make sure I don't screw it up. Any suggestions on the best way to add a piece of rail that will allow me to attach my bipod and sling? Thanks!

I just got this in to use to attach my wiser mount and magnetospeed to my rifle. It works perfectly And is cheap. You may want to give this a shot before spending a ton of money or drilling your stock. It attaches to a single swivel stud.

Just did this myself recently. Used a plain Jane 15/64's bit for the through hole, a 3/4 in forstner bit for the counterbore, and loctite epoxy. Mcmillan rail came with T nuts. Hopefully you have a better drill press than me. If you do the whole operation is quick and painless. Forstner bit cut a really clean counterbore

Last edited:
Take a look at West lake Tactical or some of the other AR sites they have them that attach to your existing sling stud for use on your hand guard for your AR but work well on your bolt action stock .

Seekins rail (as mentioned above, comes with sling attachment) and Tee nuts with Socket Head Cap screws. I believe the 2" rail fits a curved forend and the 2.5" and 3" are flat. Should probably double check models though.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.