Atlas BiPod

Wachsmann

What makes the Atlas have the free recoil motion. I've been trying to wrap my head around this but I think I'm missing something. I havn't been able to see one and see actually what allows it to do this..but..Is it because the panning mount is not tighten up and it pans and angle cants on something like a ball system, or does the legs in there locked position have play in the them? If the tension knob is tightened up does it still have the free recoil movement? I would think not so the gun will not move out of place not allowing it to cant from side to side. Please help me understand this it just been bugging me and I have watched several video's but have not been able to figure this out.

The newer BT-10 also now has limited recoil motion. I bought one last year looking for that free recoil motion and was disappointed. I called them about what I was experiencing and they confirmed they changed the design because the users didn't like it.:rolleyes:

Their a sloppy mess, hate shooting of the Atlas, like shooting a wet noodle!

I agree. Was swapping a Atlas back and forth on a few rifles and just was not consistent. Had to get lucky to shoot a good 3 shot group at 100 yds. Was getting lots of vertical from 500 yds and beyond. Bought a Harris and now it's all good: made a huge difference for me.

So what about a lot of talk about the bipod hop or causing a muzzle upward shot. Personally I shoot of a Harris knock off and it works for me but mainly shooting from a bench type surface and then I carry a small piece of thin 6x6 inch panel and I also have 2 very small Frisbee's so I can simulate the same or close as I can to the same as if I were shooting off the bench. The frisbee I turn over and place each leg in one and it allows it to slide better. I guess I do this to try to prevent any hop. I think I need to try it with out to see what happens.

We do something similar off the bench if it has frost on it. We use a old rubber floor mat so the feet don't slip around. Other than that if shooting off a dry bench with the harris we use nothing under the feet and it works great.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts