Binoculars Zeiss or Swarovski?

Neither - look at the Leicas.
They make the brightest clearest binocs IMHO.

I have used both for hunting.The Swarovski are a little better in low light,and a little less glare when glassing near the sun.But this comes at a cost,around 750.00 more in price,and 11oz in wieght.The Zeiss in my humble opinion are a better pair of binoculars for hunting.The two reasons are price and size.
If price is not object,and you also need a range finder,I would look at the 10+42 Leica Geovid Laser rangefinding Binocular.These are a very nice setup.(There on my wish list)

Price is a object thats why I'm looking at a older pair of swarovski binoculars and the zeiss are new but the swarovski are a little more.

[ QUOTE ]
Price is a object thats why I'm looking at a older pair of swarovski binoculars and the zeiss are new but the swarovski are a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]
enigma,
I dont know exactly what year Swarovski started putting on the "Swarobright" coating on there lenses. but it does make a difference. the "pre" model's are not as good.
UB

"older pair of Swaros"?

I used a friends Swaro's which were apparently a pair of reconditioned (maybe "older ones") and found my Pentax brighter. Also the alignment was slightly out. Something to specifically check on with older models or reconned stuff.

Just my 2 cents.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus 1 the leicas

[/ QUOTE ]
plus 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus 3
Try eBay as well as the classifields for used Lieca's
I love the Swaro spotting scopes, but for bino's the Lieca's rule
IMHO - YMMV

I got the swarovski SL10x50 cleaned them up they look like new. I called the facter they said they were up dated in and work on in 2003.I paid $500.00 for them. I took them to a local outdoor store and compaired them with the zeiss conquest 10x40 thats all they had no victory's the swaro are better less reflection and very clear and gather light much better to my eye I'm glad I got Them.One question what do you mean by alignment?

I see you got the answer in the other post - basically the "tubes" don't line up correctly. It can be a problem with 2nd hand bino's. Don't assume all older binos were ever out of alignement. But it can happen - particularly if banged around a bit. If there are re-conned properly fine. If not you will have an image that looks more like a 1970's movie when the guy looks through binos than the single perfect circle you should have - but worse. Not a good thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts