Binoculars Zeiss or Swarovski?

I've never had a Zeiss but I do have the Swarovski SLC 7x42 and have had them for about 10 years -- so they're the older ones without the newer HD coated lens. When I bought them I was really stretching my budget but after using them for this long -- it's the best money I've ever spent! I've also got a pair of Leupold 10x Cascades and alone the Cascades are far better than a Leupold 10x bino I had 20 years ago -- but can't hold a candle to the Swaro's. My mail box is 300 years away from my house and has a box for my daily newspaper beside the mailbox. When I look to see if my newspaper is in the newspaper box with the 10x Leupolds, I can barely tell if it's there and usually it's a judgement call! With the Swaro's, I can easily see that the newspaper is there even though they're only 7x. Even when I hunt in the wide open desert, I can see more detail at a distance with the 7x Swaro's than I can with the 10x Leupolds -- and believe me, the Leupolds aren't bad!

Also, during low light twilight times, I can easily see detail with the Swaro's that I can't even come close to seeing with my naked eye!

Like I said my Swaro's are the older ones, so I would assume the newer ones are even better.

I did have to send them back once when one of the adjustable lens caps came off. They were repaired and returned to me within a couple of weeks with no charge to me -- so the service was great!

Not long ago, I was talking to a very knowledgeable friend that has worked in gunshops all his life and he said both Swarovski and Leica salesmen used to throw their respective binoculars across the gunshop floor to demonstrate the build quality to the gunshop owners. Now -- that's tough!

Crockett12

I like the very precise way that the Leica Focus adjustment works . Better than anything I've tried . That goes for the Binocs and Spotting Scopes too .

If you are going to be looking for animals at great distance consider the 15x Zeiss conquests they are unbeatable. And when I scratched mine Zeiss replaced them free.

These are decent (just bought them). EDF 7x40, military spec, AMAZING aperture, rugged, and expensive:-(
DF.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.