Swarovski Binoculars?

I haven't bought the EL's yet, it will be a while before I do as I have to sell some stuff to pay for them.

When I get them I will let you know the info on the field of view.

sr90,
i too am interested in the 15x swarovski binoculars and wondered why you did not choose it?

i spent some time this weekend comparing my swarovski ph 6-24x50 and the nightforce nxs 12-42x56 and then proceeded to check out the 15x swarovski binoculars. i'm not sure if i'm partial to swarovski or if they are truely superior . i tested the several leicas and found them to be lacking at dusk, but that's just my opinion and i too am seeking some guidance before i spend more bucks

From what I have seen the Swarovksi SLC and EL binoculars see better than any other binocular.

Reasons for going with the EL's over the 15x's:
Smaller
Lighter
Usable without a tripod
Lower cost
Less Mirage problems with the lower power
2 doublers will give you 20x bigeyes

Reasons for going with the 15x binocs

higher magnification
2 doublers will give you 30x bigeyes
well, I can't really think of any more reasons than that.

It just seemed that going with the 10x EL's would give me a more useable instrument.

From experience with using spotting scopes then 30x is a little to much magnification and mirage kicks in big time. Betweeen 20-25x is a great range for magnification and clarity

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: sr90 ]

sr90,
are you aware that swarovski states that their scopes must have the twist in type eye pieces in order to use the doubler? i'm interested in getting a 15x56 slc along with a doubler and almost made the mistake of ordering one with push in eye pieces which will not work, i'm not sure why but their literature states only twist type. i would appreciate any info you may have.
thanks,

I didn't know they had put type eyepieces, I thought all of them are twist type.

I know they sell eyecup that will screw in in place of the twist cup.

If you put a doubler on the binoclulars, I believe (without knowing, mind you) that you'll suffer from eyestrain just as before.

I've found binos/spotting scopes with very little exit diameter (objective diameter divided by magnification) to cause eye fatigue very quickle.

My solution was to buy good binos and good spotting scope (Swarovski both). I find the details with the binos, and investigate with the spotting scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.