Best Value Long Range Hunting Rifle up to $5k

I'm having a custom 30 Sherman Magnum built - Lone Peak Razor, Wyatt's extended, 26" MullerWorks custom carbon wrap barrel, AG composite adj. hunter, Trigger Tech Special - right around 3500 not including optic.
Go custom and get exactly what you want.

Hells Canyon Armory makes excellent rifles and are competitively priced. I believe their long action 300WM naked weighs around 6lbs...dressed with optics, ammo, etc it is an 8lbs rifle! Would have had HCA build me a rifle but I already had a Fierce on order when I found out about HCA. Like to support local & I already had the Tikka WSM action as a donor....next time!

Now that I have a Fierce, I don't know that I'd buy elsewhere in this price range. Rifle is everything and more than advertised, shoots 1/2" with multiple bullet choice! Gun is lightweight, smooth as butter action, detachable mag, custom trigger...what more would someone want for a small fortune!?!?

One thing I have found is that guys will go out and buy Gunwerks, MOA, Fierce, Christensens, Etc...pay full price, not like what they have bought and sell for pennies on the dollar. Be patient, find exactly what you like and buy a LNIB package...shoot it for awhile or until you find something else that you can't live without. Save some coin and shoot a custom rifle!

Good Luck with the search...its HUNTING SEASON, get out there and FILL THE FREEZER!!!!😎🤙

I just did my first full custom.

Lone Peak Razor
Proof Sendero 26" 1:8 twist
APA Little Bastard brake
Manners MCST Elite fill
Trigger Tech Primary
Hawkins M5 Obendorf with Wyatts box

If you don't want to shop for parts there are several out there. I will own one of these someday.

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to purchase the best rifle possible up to $5k (I could go higher if it met my goal explained below or half that amount in a very comparable rifle). I figure if I am going to mostly be using 1 main gun for a very long time then spend the money now and get the best. But with spending a lot of money I'm looking for the absolute best value in that price range. I'm also open to non traditional hunting rifles like reasonably weighted ELR or MPR if need be with my goals in mind. I believe these are considered more accurate typically?

Like I also stated I'm open to paying around $2500 on a factory rifle if that rifle was incredible value and very, very comparable to a much higher priced rifle. I'll give you an example with Christensen Arms brand. I know the Ridgeline or Traverse are excellent factory rifles at around $2300 and they also offer the MPR for $2400 which might be more accurate and I've read that rifle could cost double that amount for what you get. I've seen Proof Research custom rifles that range from $4k to $7k range. This again is an example of what I'm processing with any brand and trying to make the best decision on (is that extra money worth it and which brands and guns people recommend for both price ranges).

I'm set on the .300 Win Mag for my hunting needs and for that distance range so not looking for any other caliber advice. Id like to have a 26 or 27" barrel. I'm looking for the best of the best in accuracy as my main goal. I don't mind a slightly heavier gun with an ELR or MPR.

Thanks in advance as I greatly appreciate everyone's experience and taking time to https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=P...e&.tsrc=apple&pcarrier=AT&T&pmcc=310&pmnc=410 Here is his info. The rifle is around $3500 scope not included. Price will very depending on caliber.

Dan

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to purchase the best rifle possible up to $5k (I could go higher if it met my goal explained below or half that amount in a very comparable rifle). I figure if I am going to mostly be using 1 main gun for a very long time then spend the money now and get the best. But with spending a lot of money I'm looking for the absolute best value in that price range. I'm also open to non traditional hunting rifles like reasonably weighted ELR or MPR if need be with my goals in mind. I believe these are considered more accurate typically?

Like I also stated I'm open to paying around $2500 on a factory rifle if that rifle was incredible value and very, very comparable to a much higher priced rifle. I'll give you an example with Christensen Arms brand. I know the Ridgeline or Traverse are excellent factory rifles at around $2300 and they also offer the MPR for $2400 which might be more accurate and I've read that rifle could cost double that amount for what you get. I've seen Proof Research custom rifles that range from $4k to $7k range. This again is an example of what I'm processing with any brand and trying to make the best decision on (is that extra money worth it and which brands and guns people recommend for both price ranges).

I'm set on the .300 Win Mag for my hunting needs and for that distance range so not looking for any other caliber advice. Id like to have a 26 or 27" barrel. I'm looking for the best of the best in accuracy as my main goal. I don't mind a slightly heavier gun with an ELR or MPR.

Thanks in advance as I greatly appreciate everyone's experience and taking time to

Dan

I have a McWhorter custom rifle and it shoots! They really lean towards Berger bullets, but the rifle shoots everything very accurately. Mine is a 280 AI and is 0.30 to 0.43 moa way out there. It fits your budget. Another guy in Peyton CO is Kevin Weaver rifles. He can build you an amazing shooter for a great price. Darn near economical! Good luck and happy shooting.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance as I greatly appreciate everyone's experience and taking time to respond!

Dan
What are your goals, for this rifle?
What is your previous experience, with "long range" shooting?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.