Best Value Long Range Hunting Rifle up to $5k

Check out Seekins Havak PH2 or Element,
Either stock configuration or go thru the custom shop. Then contact Unknown Munitions for ammo or Load Development.

Other good option is R-Bros Rifles,
They can build you what you want.
also probably get you a good load to work with.

Sounds like great options, I will check them out. Much appreciated.

A Cooper back country rifle is a top notch factory rifle. If you want a full custom I would look at rifles from Ryan Pierce of Piercision rifles or Dallas Lane of Lane Precision rifles. Two of the best in the business and with a 5k budget you could definitely get a hell of a nice rifle from either.

I will check into, thank you kindly.

I went with a #3 for weight savings. It is a bit slender especially with the brake on. I'm in Canada so the only gunsmith I could recommend is RBros. They built me a 6.5x47. I was very happy with the whole process. I also had him Borden build my 6.5 Sherman. Was also a good experience. Either of those guys will build you a good rifle. I agree with others that Gunwerks May be a better option since you don't reload. I like the SHV but there's definitely better scopes out there. It's dialed good and returned to zero without any problems. I'd love a March but they're so expensive up here. I might just have to import one.

Thanks Beeman.

Much appreciated. I grew up in Tucson and Scottsdale for about the first 20 years of my life, good state. Is there anyone you would recommend to help me order and put together something like this- a shop or experienced person who would do for a fee? What are your thoughts about a ready to shoot system like Gunwerks whose website says they are a custom shop compared to piecing it together?
Do you have a preference/suggestion or dream scope/tube diameter for a custom rifle like this? Budget would be $2500.
Contact Alex Wheeler

Rbros rifles makes a very good custom. They do barrel break in with load work up. He has some rifles ready to go. Check out his website. He has some 300 win mags on the shelf. 4300-4700 I believe.

Great intel, much apprecaited.

Plenty of great suggestions in this thread already - Dallas Lane (Lane Precision) will build an absolute hammer. I'm super happy with my 6.5 Sherman Dallas put together for me a few years back.

Piercision rifles would be excellent as well, Ryan builds lasers.

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to purchase the best rifle possible up to $5k (I could go higher if it met my goal explained below or half that amount in a very comparable rifle). I figure if I am going to mostly be using 1 main gun for a very long time then spend the money now and get the best. But with spending a lot of money I'm looking for the absolute best value in that price range. I'm also open to non traditional hunting rifles like reasonably weighted ELR or MPR if need be with my goals in mind. I believe these are considered more accurate typically?

Like I also stated I'm open to paying around $2500 on a factory rifle if that rifle was incredible value and very, very comparable to a much higher priced rifle. I'll give you an example with Christensen Arms brand. I know the Ridgeline or Traverse are excellent factory rifles at around $2300 and they also offer the MPR for $2400 which might be more accurate and I've read that rifle could cost double that amount for what you get. I've seen Proof Research custom rifles that range from $4k to $7k range. This again is an example of what I'm processing with any brand and trying to make the best decision on (is that extra money worth it and which brands and guns people recommend for both price ranges).

I'm set on the .300 Win Mag for my hunting needs and for that distance range so not looking for any other caliber advice. Id like to have a 26 or 27" barrel. I'm looking for the best of the best in accuracy as my main goal. I don't mind a slightly heavier gun with an ELR or MPR.

Thanks in advance as I greatly appreciate everyone's experience and taking time to respond!

Dan
Go with the Christensen then get a night force

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.