Best slings for shooting free hand, kneeling and sitting

Alfred Crouch

Which slings do you like best for shooting. I want to get a sling and learn to shoot in these positions. What slings have you found best. Thanks for any and all input. Al

The VTAC sling mentioned at the beginning of this thread is the best one I've ever used in the field.

Slings - Double Shoulder & Single :: Viking Tactics Hunting Sling (Non-Slip) - Long Range Hunting Supplies

I'm still in New Zealand completing a hunt in the mountains of the Souh Island.

It's been a bunch of steep verticals up and down most every day for nearly 3 weeks.

I've been carrying my R8 6.5 Creed using this sling and it proved to be a great carry kit for climbing areas that I really needed to use both hands to hang on to the steepness of numerous mountain sides while transversing thar and chamois trails in the wilderness.

This sling kept my rifle glued to my shoulder while carrying my pack and the fast adjustable length allowed easy transition to shooting positions both using and not requiring to tie myself up on the rifle in the sling.

Great and versatile piece of kit in the field and on the range.

Here it is, in slightly modified form, on a rifle and in the field:

DSC859.jpg

GSH

The VTAC sling mentioned at the beginning of this thread is the best one I've ever used in the field.

Slings - Double Shoulder & Single :: Viking Tactics Hunting Sling (Non-Slip) - Long Range Hunting Supplies

I'm still in New Zealand completing a hunt in the mountains of the Souh Island.

It's been a bunch of steep verticals up and down most every day for nearly 3 weeks.

I've been carrying my R8 6.5 Creed using this sling and it proved to be a great carry kit for climbing areas that I really needed to use both hands to hang on to the steepness of numerous mountain sides while transversing thar and chamois trails in the wilderness.

This sling kept my rifle glued to my shoulder while carrying my pack and the fast adjustable length allowed easy transition to shooting positions both using and not requiring to tie myself up on the rifle in the sling.

Great and versatile piece of kit in the field and on the range.

Quick pic with sling attached and the chamois from the free range mountains of the west coast mountains.

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 125
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.