Recommendations for Long Distance Shooting sitting?

The bottom-line, there's no one tool/solution for all the situations; end-user might have to improvise, adapt, and overcome afield for the challenge on hand.

Cheers!

BINGO, There is no one size fits all for the way (MOST) people go about long range hunting/shooting.
There are various things like the triclawps device that will help for ONE SHOT.
After which you reset everything and hope your target has cooperated and stayed put.
If not, and especially if its been poorly hit, and runs off a good ways, your problem is compounded many times.
If you are moving about constantly, there really isn't a good shooting solution that works well for everybody.
So the only (good) alternative is to have stationary locations from which you hunt,
and from there you can create what you personaly need to do what works best for you.
Either create a good prone spot, find a large rock to shoot off of, or gather up rocks to make a bench to shoot off of and then just use a plain old bipod.

I just read your post and im very interested on how you made this work for the rear monopod. im needing 1 leg that can be adjusted from 17" to 22" (in those parameters) this will be used in my seated position for rear support. also I saw i could use gunsmith adapter or universal rifle adapter for just one leg?? thanks for the help and feed back

Try a Bipod Buddy. It is really the best thing going for these shooting situations. Just use it with a talle Harris Bipod. The Bipod buddy is better than a single pole support on the rear of the rifle. The single pole will sway left and right with your heart beat and such. The Bipod Buddy solves that by having two legs on the ground. Watch the vids. It's pretty good. I can make hits at 500 yards with it from a setting position. Check the link below.

Double Cross Large

By now I'm sure the OP has found the tripod that works for his needs. For me, the most versatile tripod I have found for a setting position (standing or in between) is the Vanguard Quest T62U. It has a flexible leg (removable to create a monopod or bipod) that allows you to quickly move the leg for the perfect setting position. I am right-handed and rest by let arm on left leg and hold the rifle butt for shooting at longer ranges. At 2.24 lbs, he Vanguard is a bit heavy so, if I'm backpack hunting and weight is important, I use Bipod Shooting Sticks.

I also use the Vanguard tripod at the range, swapping out the yoke with a pan head for my spotting scope so it is a very versatile tripod.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.