Best caliber for shooting 500 to 2000 yds?

You guys better quit talking about all these big Gun's !! 😂😂
I have my eye on one that a good member here has ...just not the time to drop the Coin !

Rum Man

1613332142856.png
Ouch! https://www.rccbrass.com/cart/

Barrel life would be the only setback unless you don't mind setting it back or throwing a new one on In reference to a 338 Snipetac.

The 375 Snipetac or a straight up 9.5x77 a 375 CT would be more desired, seems you can't say Cheytac anymore because the name is patient protected from what I see and hear.

Brass would be comparable to the 338LM - primmers are identical so a little more powder and the difference in the price of 338 Bergers versus SMKs or Hornady on the leadcore. Probably the action is the big game changer cost wise.

For anyone wanting something to shoot that type of distance and in time farther I think this is a good choice without.

Other then on the internet how many folks shoot really crazy distance all the time? Just curious when looking at the cost of all the equipment needed when folks are deciding if its for fun, competition.

iamosoh

What caliber is going to be the most consistent, easiest, cheapest to target shoot (not hunting) in the 500 to 2000 yds. Range?
Thanks!
One of the 338 magnums. See dartman and the neighbor on you tube and see way out shots in a variety of calabres including 338.

What caliber is going to be the most consistent, easiest, cheapest to target shoot (not hunting) in the 500 to 2000 yds. Range?
Thanks!
Ok guess you left it wide open up to the cost! Nothing will shoot accurately in that big a spread CHEAP!!!!! Throw the 6mm's out unless you don't shoot in wind, Throw some of the 6.5's out, for low velocities at 2,000 yds. With wind! Just to give some background I have and shoot the following; 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC, 300 WM, 300 PRC, 30-378 WHYB, 300 RUM, 7 RUM, 7mm STW. Throw out the cost and my STW shoots circles around all of them for about 500 rounds then time to rebarrel! Haven't done anything with my 300 PRC except break in the barrel jury is out! Staying consistent out to 2,000 yds in my opinion nothing smaller than a 168 gr pill and preferably 190 gr or larger. To stay consistent in wind. My opinion! Your choice!