Scopes for 2000+

US Optics and Night force seem to be the de facto standard. I use a night force as it's the most scope I can afford. I like the EREK knobs and 58 mm Objective of the US Optics just cant afford it. Recently a company called IOR has gotten my attention. Wish I knew someone who had one supposedly Schmidt and Bender Glass quality with Nightforce toughness for less that 1700 bucks. If That is true I know what my next scope will be.

Also the SWFA SS HD line is supposed to be outstanding glass it's at the 1k-1.4k Price point, along with the MK4's Weaver Tactical etc.

If you got the cash a S$B would serve very well.

It all comes down to what you've got to spend. gun)
I currently own two of them and the are the best I have ever owned or shot.

My next will be their new 4-28x56mm 40mm Tube model. 85 mils of adjustment plus the other features of this scope make it something I just have to own even if I end up having to sell three or four of my other scopes to fund it.

I've only take a handful of mile plus shots with my 6-24x50 25mm Tube on the 300 Rum and it was more than adequate out that far. If I were intent on doing a lot of shooting beyond 1,500yds then I'd have already moved up to the 4-28x56 model however.

Hey NXS fans I've got good news! I've been resaerching the perfect reticle to meet my needs and just could not find THE ONE. Like some of you the NP-R1 was close but not perfect. I love the 1MOA subtensions on the vertical but don't understand why you would not also prefer 1MOA on your horizontal? Then along came the new MOAR reticle to not only solve that problem but includes a floating crosshair! For me this reticle is the best I've found but still not quite perfect. That is until I emailed NightForce to ask them why I can't have all those features in a FFP scope? They told me to watch there website because that exact scope is in the works right now!!! Sounds like heaven to me! For you stuck on the NP-R1 I have to ask why you prefer it over the MOAR? They both have 20MOA below the crosshair. I've never shot past 1000yds so what am I missing?

I have 2 5.5-22 NXS scopes with NP-R1' and a 5.5-22 with the MOAR. I like the 1MOA Subtentions of the MOAR and the fineer crosshairs of the NP-R1. Either work great! I also have the S&M PMII 5-25 in MOA/MOA. Love that one too as it is FFP.

I have 2 5.5-22 NXS scopes with NP-R1' and a 5.5-22 with the MOAR. I like the 1MOA Subtentions of the MOAR and the fineer crosshairs of the NP-R1. Either work great! I also have the S&M PMII 5-25 in MOA/MOA. Love that one too as it is FFP.

I recently got the chance to compare the NP-R1 side by side with the MOAR and can see now why so many prefer the NP-R1. I love the fine subtension. So forget what I said earlier I'm now back to the NP-R1.

I recently got the chance to compare the NP-R1 side by side with the MOAR and can see now why so many prefer the NP-R1. I love the fine subtension. So forget what I said earlier I'm now back to the NP-R1.

My MOAR did just fine out to 2,752 recently. I love the 1MOA sub tensions and love the finer NP-R1 lines.

I currently own two of them and the are the best I have ever owned or shot.

My next will be their new 4-28x56mm 40mm Tube model. 85 mils of adjustment plus the other features of this scope make it something I just have to own even if I end up having to sell three or four of my other scopes to fund it.

I've only take a handful of mile plus shots with my 6-24x50 25mm Tube on the 300 Rum and it was more than adequate out that far. If I were intent on doing a lot of shooting beyond 1,500yds then I'd have already moved up to the 4-28x56 model however.
I am really thinking of going with smaller Objectives on my scopes. 56 mm gets you a lot of FOV but it make for a very ungainly rifle at times.

I am really thinking of going with smaller Objectives on my scopes. 56 mm gets you a lot of FOV but it make for a very ungainly rifle at times.
I've been going with 50mm OBJ's standard on my hunting rifles for twenty plus years and never found them to be ungainly in any situation.

Let's face it you're only talking 12mm difference in circumference vs a 44mm obj moving up to the 56mm.

In total you're only talking about a half inch-inch difference in total scope height once they are mounted.

For a rifle build for extreme to very long range I can't see that making any difference in ease of use and transport or set up in the field.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts