URSA: NorCal and SoCal shoots at 2000 yds and change on Sunday, October 16th

ELR Researcher

The Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA) will have shoots on Sunday, October 16th in NorCal (Clear Lake area) and in SoCal (Barstow area).

We start shooting at 2000 yards and those that shoot well enough then shoot at min 2500 yards. All locally-legal firearms (rifles and rifle/pistols) are welcome. There are NO fees, we shoot on public land. 4WD or AWD with decent ground clearance recommended for SoCal as the sand can get very deep.

The NorCal contact is Lynn ([email protected]), our Regional Director (RD) for CA/NV. Detailed info for NorCal is usually posted on CalGuns (Long Distance Shooting - Calguns.net).

Initial info re SoCal is what you are about to read PLUS those that sign up will get shoot-specific info a few days before the actual shoot date, tentatively 10/12. My contact is [email protected]

If you are not familiar with URSA, please see out website, www.unlimitedrange.org

SoCal:

We will have targets set up at 2080 and, quite possibly, 2640 (approximate). Shooting at 2640 is NOT guaranteed – that's determined by how well shooters do at 2080.

September was excellent weather, even chilly at the start. I expect October will be even better, very likely chilly during most of the time while we shoot. Too early for wind forecasts. We'll see.

More info about URSA and how shoots are conducted at Operations

I'm so excited to be able to go this month.

I'm not sure if I should bring a trailer.

I can't leave until about 2pm Saturday and it's a 5 hour drive.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.