Best 7mm out there now

Hate to disagree but I think the Allen mag still holds that title.
In its time it was.
King. Now it just burns more powder for the same velocity or slower from what I've seen. Barrel length for barrel length it's slower than a norma imp shooting the same bullet weight.

Last edited:
You know the STW is one I had forgotten about completely and it's based on those old belted cases I love so much.
Yeah belted cases they are so terrible and cause all kinds of problems for the last +100 years. I just cannot understand why one single cartridge had been made with a belt when there were better options. I think there have been at least 5,000 PH's eaten or stomped to death when their shooters used them. So glad the internet called out the folly of having a belt.

Talking
for old school the 7mm weatherby or a 7-300 weatherby wildcat both tickle my fancy. For new school the 28 Nosler is a monster and the 7prc, while everyone will have a problem with it cuz it's hornady and marketing hype and bla bla bla (while also having one hidden in their closet beside the creedmoor 😁), really is a very smart and practical case design and capacity.

For non magnum the .280 or .280 AI
If talking old school 7s let's toss in the 7mm Dakota. Like the 7wsm it didn't get the support but great long range ability.

For such a flawless round you can't find correct headstamped cases.
Can't order a 1400hp 4 door diesel truck from the factory ether. But **** it's fun to drive going out to eat with the wife and kids. Just look at this thread. Most are happy with factory things but some just like high hp 7s.

Last edited:
If you like the fast twist 7 and all you want is a fast twist factory rifle. I seen some of the Remington long range hunters in 1/8 twist. Finally they are catching on. I think if I'm buying a new rifle I would probably go 28Nos if I could find it in a 1/8. Then 7PRC but 26 inch barrel. Then 7Rem. If building it would be really tough but maybe still custom 28 Nos, and then maybe a 7/300win practical or something like a 7/300 PRC but with only having to neck down the neck. But then if I spending that type of money to build a full custom it's probably going to be a 338 IMP 30 degree Lapua. For now it's my 300RUM is my easy long ranger next to my short action cartridges like my 308 or my 7mm-08.

Yup. Guns = bad says big tech.

Stratton Custom Rifles can do one. You can borrow my reamer if needed.
OP i am so sorry for your loss. Glad your re-engaging in your passions again. GOD BLESS

You da man Ork. If one other poster was getting 3400 with 180's while not pushing it then I would assume (forgive me) 190 and 195's are an easy 3250 fps??

Last edited:

Recent Posts