Best 7mm out there now

You da man Ork. If one other poster was getting 3400 with 180's while not pushing it then I would assume (forgive me) 190 and 195's are an easy 3250 fps??
I'd say 3250fps is by internet standards, easy.

You have to remember that the vast majority, (and I'm talking probably 98%) of people are running their loads too hot. Probably over 90% of people here live in the suburbs. So they can't find pressure correctly without taking loading gear to the "range" and most won't do that.

I'd say 3100 with a 195 is more realistic in 7NMI's. If you want more than 15 firings on your brass, and you want it to shoot really small... rather than "just good enough," then that's more like where you operate. If you're part of the dump the brass on the ground after 3-5 firings crowd... then yeah, it will hit 3250 with a 195 easily.

The closest thing to it in performance is the 28 nosler... but obviously the 7NMI is super stable and easy to deal with in comparison. Lapua brass wins the day with these big cartridges. Big claims always on this site and others. Yet there isn't a week that goes by that I don't hear from someone that has been hoodwinked by posters here regarding velocity claims from cartridges. When someone knows how to find pressure properly, things come back down to reality really quickly.

I run mine at 3100'ish. It's like a big giant BRA at that speed. Most accurate and precise big 7mm I've ever played with that will deliver small results session after session and doesn't have to be chased around or worked at to stay on top of. My 7 PRC Primal's will beat it out in raw accuracy/precision, as they are so much easier to drive... but there is no substitute for the 7NMI when it comes to going out to play in the wind.

I'm thinking of running some 166 Atip's really fast in a 7NMI this next season. :)

For such a flawless round you can't find correct headstamped cases.

Who cares? Most good things we shoot today never had headstamped cases.

Until they did.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I'd say 3250fps is by internet standards, easy.

You have to remember that the vast majority, (and I'm talking probably 98%) of people are running their loads too hot. Probably over 90% of people here live in the suburbs. So they can't find pressure correctly without taking loading gear to the "range" and most won't do that.

I'd say 3100 with a 195 is more realistic in 7NMI's. If you want more than 15 firings on your brass, and you want it to shoot really small... rather than "just good enough," then that's more like where you operate. If you're part of the dump the brass on the ground after 3-5 firings crowd... then yeah, it will hit 3250 with a 195 easily.

The closest thing to it in performance is the 28 nosler... but obviously the 7NMI is super stable and easy to deal with in comparison. Lapua brass wins the day with these big cartridges. Big claims always on this site and others. Yet there isn't a week that goes by that I don't hear from someone that has been hoodwinked by posters here regarding velocity claims from cartridges. When someone knows how to find pressure properly, things come back down to reality really quickly.

I run mine at 3100'ish. It's like a big giant BRA at that speed. Most accurate and precise big 7mm I've ever played with that will deliver small results session after session and doesn't have to be chased around or worked at to stay on top of. My 7 PRC Primal's will beat it out in raw accuracy/precision, as they are so much easier to drive... but there is no substitute for the 7NMI when it comes to going out to play in the wind.

I'm thinking of running some 166 Atip's really fast in a 7NMI this next season. :)

Who cares? Most good things we shoot today never had headstamped cases.

Until they did.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Kinda what I expected after watching your videos as I knew you don't push your rounds hard. Thx Ork

No bs claims here. 3400 with 180s. Brass still doing good. Time will tell how it last and I won't settle for just any accuracy and call it good enough. Now imo this is good enough for a hunting rifle which is what I had it built for. If I get 10-15 firings out of it I'm good. Probably have to replace the barrel by then anyways. It will take me a long time to get that many rounds down this hunting rifle. That was on a new barrel and it slowly sped up. I backed it down to around 3400

Attachments

• IMG_4048.jpeg
    IMG_4048.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4046.jpeg
    IMG_4046.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 76
No bs claims here. 3400 with 180s. Brass still doing good. Time will tell how it last and I won't settle for just any accuracy and call it good enough. Now imo this is good enough for a hunting rifle which is what I had it built for. If I get 10-15 firings out of it I'm good. Probably have to replace the barrel by then anyways. It will take me a long time to get that many rounds down this hunting rifle.
Why not do the test, before you run the load? ;)

I've advocated for this in at least half a dozen videos on my channel regarding brass. I have no idea why people don't incorporate it into their dev sessions, as it is literally the only way you can find out if your brass can actually handle the load.

So you find a load, then you grab a case and reload that singular case as many times as it allows, and you find where it fails. Then you KNOW whether your brass can take it and produce consistent results from firing to firing... before wrecking your entire batch of brass and wrecking your consistency from piece to piece within the lot.

It's not hard to put charges in vials, or take some rudimentary loading gear to the range with you to reload a single case repeatedly. If it lasts enough firings to make you happy, with some room for error to keep the cases uniform in the event of inclement weather or long strings of fire... then you KNOW instead of guessing. Otherwise, by the time you find out, the ENTIRE batch of brass won't shoot well anymore.

In any event, I think the 180 hybrid is probably one of the best bullets to run in this cartridge. The 195's are great and all, but the speed and ultra consistent performance of those 180's is just hard to argue with. Although, I think I'll be doing quite a bit of work with the 166 and 190 ATIPs coming into this next summer. My word those things are slippery.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

No bs claims here. 3400 with 180s. Brass still doing good. Time will tell how it last and I won't settle for just any accuracy and call it good enough. Now imo this is good enough for a hunting rifle which is what I had it built for. If I get 10-15 firings out of it I'm good. Probably have to replace the barrel by then anyways. It will take me a long time to get that many rounds down this hunting rifle. That was on a new barrel and it slowly sped up. I backed it down to around 3400
Can we see pic. 😃

So you find a load, then you grab a case and reload that singular case as many times as it allows, and you find where it fails. Then you KNOW whether your brass can take it and produce consistent results from firing to firing... before wrecking your entire batch of brass and wrecking your consistency from piece to piece within the lot.
I can agree with this, it makes sense to me. I could even see loading two or three cases and doing this. Especially if people are pushing the envelope. Could save the brass and possibly the rifle.

Why not do the test, before you run the load? ;)

I've advocated for this in at least half a dozen videos on my channel regarding brass. I have no idea why people don't incorporate it into their dev sessions, as it is literally the only way you can find out if your brass can actually handle the load.

It's not hard to put charges in vials, or take some rudimentary loading gear to the range with you to reload a single case repeatedly. If it lasts enough firings to make you happy, with some room for error to keep the cases uniform in the event of inclement weather or long strings of fire... then you KNOW instead of guessing. Otherwise, by the time you find out, the ENTIRE batch of brass won't shoot well anymore.

In any event, I think the 180 hybrid is probably one of the best bullets to run in this cartridge. The 195's are great and all, but the speed and ultra consistent performance of those 180's is just hard to argue with. Although, I think I'll be doing quite a bit of work with the 166 and 190 ATIPs coming into this next summer. My word those things are slippery.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

That's a great way to test. I just haven't done it. Haven't had time and have plenty of new brass that I have yet to touch. It would take me years to shoot through the 50 I have now that I've been using. I don't get it out and punch paper. Now if I was shooting it a lot I'd be testing it like you stated. I stuck with the 180s for the reasons you stated. I think they are the best option for that round. Imo