Berger or hammer bullets??

You've made this claim twice, please explain how you arrived on that conclusion.
A 180 ELDM has a much higher BC than a 180 vld at .79 I've validated it to 1400 yards, is that nuts?
What are you talking about bro? You were claiming the 177 hammer has a higher BC than a 180 berger. There is no way it does... Overstating the hammer BC is overstating the numbers in your calculations. Garbage in garbage out. Nobody said anything about ELDMs.

It's not hard to have a higher BC when shooting drops especially if you shoot them from something spicy, the more range you can accurately put on a bullet the better your drops but as the web site says "estimated" which I take as a clue that I need to pay attention to it, others on the site indicate Litz tested or from shooting drops, it's all clear to me. I run a BC a little higher than Litz on the 177 but lower than estimated to 1535.

I do not believe that anyone is perfect at reading the wind, it's tough but practice certainly hones the skill.
Highest possible BC is nice and helps for sure but it's not as significant in cheating the wind as many people think..

Run the numbers yourself but since this thread is about Berger's and Hammers here's a comparison:
195 (.75 BC) @3000fps 10mph crosswind will drift 4.5 moa at 1000.
177 Hammer (.69 BC) @3100fps will drift 4.78 moa.
Now before you call this stupid and arrogant please explain how exactly that difference is going to save you on a poor wind call?
I think Bryan Litz had the 177 hh G7 BC at .237. Which is significantly lower than the .69 G1 bc you used in your calculation. Run you software with those numbers and see what you get. Its not even close at 1000.

I think Bryan Litz had the 177 hh G7 BC at .237. Which is significantly lower than the .69 G1 bc you used in your calculation. Run you software with those numbers and see what you get. Its not even close at 1000.
I'd like to see the testing that Litz did, do you have that link by chance?
If true yes its a much lower BC, once you drop below about .625 the wind effect is noticable compared to slower bullets in the high .7's
And I didn't claim I had knowledge that the hammer bc is for sure higher, you claimed it was much less no need to get huffy when I asked how you came to that conclusion..

If true yes its a much lower BC, once you drop below about .625 the wind effect is noticable compared to slower bullets in the high .7's
And I didn't claim I had knowledge that the hammer bc is for sure higher, you claimed it was much less no need to get huffy when I asked how you came to that conclusion..

Brian Litz has spoken! How dare you question his word or do your own testing?

Its on the hammer bullet forum. Google 177 hammer BC.

Really? Where did you hear that?
Not doubting you but I thought Doppler radar was the most accurate method.
Interesting that my drops panned out at .79 with a MV of 3150
Didn't hear it, shot it and it's based of the Litz BC loaded in AB, doppler isn't without it's biases either.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts