Hammer Bullets?????

I've got a custom 7WSM that for some reason has started to spit Berger and Hornady bullets all over the target at 400yds. I initially thought it was a scope issue but that didn't pan out.
Just for the heck of it I tried a few 143Hammers that I had loaded up with some RE26. I fired 3 rounds but only saw 2 holes in the target. I figured that the rifle launch one of the bullets off the target entirely. That was until I walked out to the 400yd line and saw that 2 bullet holes were overlapped in a tight figure 8 and the 3rd was 1.25" away.
I shot two more groups with the Hammers and both were under 1.7" at the 400yds. Hammer bullets just SHOOT!

I've got a custom 7WSM that for some reason has started to spit Berger and Hornady bullets all over the target at 400yds. I initially thought it was a scope issue but that didn't pan out.
Just for the heck of it I tried a few 143Hammers that I had loaded up with some RE26. I fired 3 rounds but only saw 2 holes in the target. I figured that the rifle launch one of the bullets off the target entirely. That was until I walked out to the 400yd line and saw that 2 bullet holes were overlapped in a tight figure 8 and the 3rd was 1.25" away.
I shot two more groups with the Hammers and both were under 1.7" at the 400yds. Hammer bullets just SHOOT!
We have seen this a few times when a rifle is showing signs of being shot out and the Hammers bring new life.

Very cool!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.