Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

I prefer Berger Bullets pack size of:

• 50 per pack

Votes: 162 12.1%
  • 100 per pack

Votes: 1,174 87.9%

• Total voters
The top ten selling Berger Hunting bullets (rankings are in parenthesis) that will be available in quantity packs in the next few months are:

6mm 105gr VLD Hunting (5)
25cal 115gr VLD Hunting (10)
6.5mm 130gr VLD Hunting (4)
6.5mm 140gr VLD Hunting (2)
7mm 168gr VLD Hunting (1)
7mm 180gr VLD Hunting (9)
30cal 168gr VLD Hunting (3)
30cal 185gr VLD Hunting (6)
30cal 190gr VLD Hunting (8)
30cal 210gr VLD Hunting (7)

Regards,
Eric

This is just a quick heads up that we have ordered the boxes that will be used to put our Hunting bullets into quantity packs. This box will allow us to put 500 bullets into one box. They will also be priced at a slight discount (compared to the 100 count boxes).

Based on all of the feedback on this forum, our plan is to make the top ten Hunting bullets available in the quantity pack of 500 counts. Please do not start calling dealers yet (today is 10-21-11) as it will take some time to get this rolling and you guys are the first to hear about this addition to our line.

We will be informing our resellers of this change over the next few weeks so they can prepare to stock them for you. Thank you again for your feedback. It has been extremely helpful.

Regards,
Eric

This is great! I will be on the look out for the 500 count boxes.

If buying locally there were times I wish I could just buy 50 to have a lower initial cost (easier to talk the wife into it), but if you're ordering online I'd just as soon buy 100 to save on shipping as someone else already mentioned.

What I would love to see are Berger trial packs where you could buy 20 bullets so you could try out 4 or 5 bullet weights to see how your gun likes them before you jump into buying a full box. I know that would have helped me when I was trying to find the bullet my gun would shoot best.

100 for me but love Browninglover's idea of "trial packs". I have sometimes had a hard time buying a 100 bullets at 25-45 bucks just to try a certain bullet. That being said, if I really wanted to try a bullet, I usually just found a way and bought them

I'm glad your going to 500 a box on some of the bullets. Sometimes it's hard to get Berger's where I am up in Alaska. For some reason, the lower 48 thinks we're a 3rd world country up here and we get charged an arm and a leg for shipping, sometimes for more than the purchase price of whatever it is we're buying. Whenever the store near me had Bergers in stock I would buy as much as I could because you never knew when more would come in but it was hard to get a matching lot. Same goes for powder, when you see it you better buy it. Thanks Eric and thanks Berger for the new packaging. This is honestly the first time I've seen a company seek advice in a format like this and then be able to see the changes actually happen.

The top ten selling Berger Hunting bullets (rankings are in parenthesis) that will be available in quantity packs in the next few months are:

6mm 105gr VLD Hunting (5)
25cal 115gr VLD Hunting (10)
6.5mm 130gr VLD Hunting (4)
6.5mm 140gr VLD Hunting (2)
7mm 168gr VLD Hunting (1)
7mm 180gr VLD Hunting (9)
30cal 168gr VLD Hunting (3)
30cal 185gr VLD Hunting (6)
30cal 190gr VLD Hunting (8)
30cal 210gr VLD Hunting (7)

Regards,
Eric
Sweet! I use a bunch of those and I'm definitely going to grab the 500 count boxes as soon as they are available.

That is GREAT news Eric, Thank you for listening to the feed back. Just got back from Montana on an Elk hunt and the 185 performed flawlessly. It was only a 337 yard shot But the high shoulder shot Tipped him right over. Was'nt much left of the shoulder to pack out though.:) Thank you for building a Great Product!

Since I already buy 7mm Hornady A-Max bullets in the 100 pack, doesn't matter to me if Berger offer the VLD in 50 packs.

Now comparing the Hornady A-Max to the Berger VLD, it seems there is a big difference in price between the two in 100 packs.

Doesn't seem to be a similar difference in performance.

The only thing I buy in 50 packs are Nosler Partitions. Neither Hornady nor Berger have an equivalent to that. So again, it doesn't matter.

Seriously, If you make your standard packaging 50 like nosler does, I will stop buying your bullets. I love them and think they are the greatest bullets ever, but for hunting purposes, I will shoot 40-60 bullets working up a load, then the 100 pack gives me enough from the same lot to load the balance. Now if you wanted to sell some 20 packs in small sample packs I could see that as this is enough to play with them a bit to decide if we think it has potential, but not really enough to really work with. But, a 20 pack would also be good for a guy wanting to just load a "box" for hunting season if he doesn't shoot much and already knows what his gun likes. Personally, I buy bullets to shoot, 100 gives me enough to last a month or two. If you make them in 50 packs your retail prices will go up 25% or more from dealers. For instance, a box of 130 VLDs generally sells for 43.00 cut that in half and it should be 21.50, but dealers will be getting 29.95 for a box of 50. As hard as you guys try, you will not be able to keep the price the same.

i would like to see them sold in boxes of 250 like the amax or even boxes of 500 like the matchking. the vld hunting bullets are the most accurate bullet ive ever shot through my rem 700 in 30-06. .442" @ 200 yards with rem brass even!:D

If I'm pretty sure I'm going to use a specific bullet for a specific gun I'll buy a 500 round box. Never less than 100... I primarily buy from the net and shipping cost is usually the motivator for buying in bulk. That said, sometimes 100 rounds doesn't get me through load testing with anything left to hunt with. It doesn't if I test more than one powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.