Before I sell this gun...

Someone mentioned core lokt bullets earlier. I had a Remington CDL 700 that wooden shoot room great and I bought a box of cheap 150 grain core Lokts And it would shoot five almost through the same hole at 100 yards. Being cheap bullets I did not expect them to shoot nearly that well.

Stop down loading your 270. ive got one RA, in a 243 compact it shoots fine, is it under loaded no way! reloads stayed consistant biggest 3 shot groups at 100 yds were 1 inch. Clean your barrel, aren't you proud of your rifle? 1st cousin bought a RA ss/snth stock 270 with its barrel still green it loved Barnes tsx 140's I reloaded for it. Remington factory loads are a Joke when you chronograph them , i'm a reloader and i'm after performance or why bother. By the way the 2 RA's are stock rifles mentioned above. If your down loading for your son that's a different matter. shooting at steel is a Confidence builder, its great practice if done in a SAFE manner.

You're a patient man. I'll give a rifle 50 rounds through the barrel to prove it's worth owning. If I'm not happy with the groups after that it gets sent down the road. Of course I've only ever had to send one rifle packing and it was a 25-06 that wouldn't break 1 MOA at 100 yards.

Check the mounts, optic and stock to make sure everything is in order. This probably isn't an ammo issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts