Should I Anneal before fireforming?

Question: I am presently have a 6mm/280AI rifle being built. I have on order 500 Peterson 280AI case, but like everything else. Waiting for the cases.
I started out go to do a 6mm/06AI chamber, but changed before ordering out the reamer to a 280AI/6mm. My chamber is reduced to allow .13th neck thickness.
I acquired Peterson 270 brass, and 30/60 Lapua brass intending to size down to 6mm. trim the necks for thickness. Process is cut all necks to thickness first. Step down to 6mm in two steps. Check for case length and neck thickness again to see if thickness has changed. Re-cut for thickness if needed. Trim to lenght if needed. Fireform, anneal after first firing of case.
What I don't see is being able to do any steps to place a false shoulder, if I get the 280AI brass, there isn't much of a problem then. Setting up for bumping back the case by .002, and being able to measure that case length.
I do have the bushing die and bushing to step the neck down in a two step operation.
My thinking is using 270 or 30/06 brass, I can create a fault shoulder, because the shoulder is shorter on a 270 or 30/06 case than a 280AI case to the shoulder by about .1. Any input?

Question: I am presently have a 6mm/280AI rifle being built. I have on order 500 Peterson 280AI case, but like everything else. Waiting for the cases.
I started out go to do a 6mm/06AI chamber, but changed before ordering out the reamer to a 280AI/6mm. My chamber is reduced to allow .13th neck thickness.
I acquired Peterson 270 brass, and 30/60 Lapua brass intending to size down to 6mm. trim the necks for thickness. Process is cut all necks to thickness first. Step down to 6mm in two steps. Check for case length and neck thickness again to see if thickness has changed. Re-cut for thickness if needed. Trim to lenght if needed. Fireform, anneal after first firing of case.
What I don't see is being able to do any steps to place a false shoulder, if I get the 280AI brass, there isn't much of a problem then. Setting up for bumping back the case by .002, and being able to measure that case length.
I do have the bushing die and bushing to step the neck down in a two step operation.
My thinking is using 270 or 30/06 brass, I can create a fault shoulder, because the shoulder is shorter on a 270 or 30/06 case than a 280AI case to the shoulder by about .1. Any input?
I don't see where you are asking a question. AI chambers do not need false shoulders because the shoulder stays in the same location it just changes angle. A false shoulder will naturally appear when you run your 270/30-06 brass into your 280ai dies with the 6mm bushing.

Thanks for the welcome! How is your Gibbs shooting? Have you tried anything in the 208-215gr weight class of bullets? I have a pile of 208 amax bullets sitting around that I plan to sling from the Gibbs it seems like it might be about the perfect size bullet to me.
I have 200s, 205s, 208s, 210s, 212s, and 215s to try, but sadly I have only shot the 190s. Time has been a premium lately. Part of me wants to settle with 180g or less.

Ed

I did not anneal mine ...

View attachment 272403
This is with .35 Whelen, from L-R: .35 Whelen virgin brass, after .30 Gibbs resizing, after COW, and after standard load.

With the .280 from Peterson, it was already annealed. The process is the same as above, except I have to open the mouth to .30 and then .33 before establishing the false shoulder.
Looks Perfect to me