Been ill for too long but hopefully things are turning around...

Ian M

I have not been very active on this site for a while because of health issues.

Got sick at the 07 SHOT show then again after a safari in June for cape buffalo. One of these infections instigated a very serious and rare disorder that has had our doctors frustrated for some time. Couple of days ago they pinned it down and now I am on a significant number of meds and hoping to regain the health that I took for granted for so long. Took 18 pills so far today, couple more batches still to go.

Not looking for sympathy, just letting some of the regulars know how come I have not been doing much. Have not shot my beloved .308's this summer which really hurts, just too sick. No fun when the weather is perfect and you do not have the energy to carry your gear out to the truck.

Hope to get back into the long range shooting I love so much. I did recently get to accompany our 4 1/2 year old grand daughter out to the range for the first time in her life with "Henry", her little .22 LR. What a great experience. She shot many big red balloons way out there at eight paces. Every hit was accompanied with high-5's and even the odd hug!

Take care of yourselves guys,

Sorry to hear about your health problems Ian. Too much globe trotting huh? You're getting older like the rest of us and have to be a little more careful now.;);)

Good luck with your recovery and I hope you get back to 100% quickly.

glad to hear they got a bead on your illness. i know what you mean about helping the little ones shoot. i get way more satisfaction when my little guy makes a shot he's proud of than when i do.

That little granddaughter's smile will mend you!

We have mine 2 days a week now that school is starting for her mom, a teacher.

Things brighten so much when she comes over. light bulb

Last edited:
Ian M,
I'm truly glad to hear from you again. Len is right about you being mended by that smile.
"...by His stripes we have been healed!". Believe it and be well my friend!!!

Wish you the best.
I'm walking down the same path. So many things we took for granted are now a struggle. But I coming back, slow but sure, and so will you.
I'm shootin', but now that I'm 40# lighter some of my rifles are pushin' me around. Although it kinda takes some of the fun outta it, still beats sitting in front of the TV set. Just adds a new challenge to our sport.gun)
Good luck.
Phil

Ian,

Glad they were finally able to pinpoint the problem and are now treating it. You have my wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Festus

Ian,

I always enjoy reading your posts and articles. Take care and may God bless you.

Brian

Ian, our thoughts are with you and yours. you gotta get better soon and start writing agian ... lots of interesting stuff!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.