Ultimate hunting rifle for me! hopefully

Jjeffhunter

I've been picking up new rifle parts for the last couple months trying to get the ultimate long range packing rifle here is what I ended up with

Defiance defiant ultra light magnum action
Proof research sendaro light 24"
Trigger tech primary trigger
Manners eh6 in molded gap camo
Hs precision dbm
Smr 2 port directional break
Still deciding on color of metal
7mm rem Mag

Proof research recommended snowy mountain rifles here in Montana so that's what I went with for a Smith

Looks like a good list, I have something very similar, but its the medium action and a McMillan Stock. It has 3 1 shot kills under it this year already. You'll love those components. And have heard good things about Snowy Mtn Rifles as well.

Sounds like some very nice parts and should make a very nice rifle. Any idea on expected weight? Good luck and will look forward to seeing some pictures.

You realize of course that the "Ultimate Long Range Packing Rifle" is a moving target! In my experience once it is built you "discover" that there is a better way to accomplish this same goal but with some slightly improved components ... it is a never ending story, but don't dispare, it is an enjoyable trip so get aboard and enjoy the ride!

I've been picking up new rifle parts for the last couple months trying to get the ultimate long range packing rifle here is what I ended up with

Hs precision dbm
7mm rem Mag

Proof research recommended snowy mountain rifles here in Montana so that's what I went with for a Smith
Ive been using Snowy Mountain Rifles ever since Proof Research stopped doing barreled actions for me. They are building my 6.5 Saum as we speak. Greg is always friendly and very helpful with good advice and suggestions. I have not had a bad experience with them yet.

Al

Ive been using Snowy Mountain Rifles ever since Proof Research stopped doing barreled actions for me. They are building my 6.5 Saum as we speak. Greg is always friendly and very helpful with good advice and suggestions. I have not had a bad experience with them yet.

Al
That's who had been helping me he's been very helpful!

I agree with shphtr on the moving target. I have built 4 perfect all around rifles..and each one " very good" but not perfect...I have enjoyed every build though...good luck, would love to see pics, and 7mm ReM mag is one of the best...

Hs precision dbm
7mm rem Mag

Sounds like a good choice ! The only thing I would have done possibly different would have been going with a longer barrel, another 2 " I don't think would weigh me down that much more !

Sounds like a good choice ! The only thing I would have done possibly different would have been going with a longer barrel, another 2 " I don't think would weigh me down that much more !
To each there own I prefer 24" over 26" weight wasn't the deciding factor and muzzle velocity increase is minimum

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts