Been there seen that, but!

BigBlack

I know this has probably been replayed a thousand times but I feel we can never be reminded enough about safety. I hope this area was okay to put this.

This weekend at the range I found a ruptured case on the ground. My immediate thoughts were hot load, but the neck area was begging for me to take a closer look, so I did. I took home the exploded case and rummaged through my casing until I found a close match. From my investigative work it appears someone shot a 7mm-08 in a 7mm WSM, look at the pictures below. I have a 7mm-08 case, the ruptured case, and a 7mm WSM case.

Anyway you guys be careful out there.

Thanks
BB

7mm08.jpg

Looks like you are correct. Fools, for not knowing what they were putting in the chamber. Was there any dirty underwear laying nearby?

A guy I work with went to the range with his 7mm RM and tried to feed it 7mm RUM (obviously it didn't work).

This same thing happened to my father about 14 ys ago, only 270 in 7mm rem mag... Same color ammo boxes, using the same shooting bench,1 sec of not paying attention. Blew the bolt open, clip went flying... luckily he was okay. We got different color ammo boxes that afternoon and labeled everything with a sharpie. Some says fool for not knowing, I say it only takes a second, and can happen to anyone. Watch out for you and yours. Take care.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.