ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

I filed 5/23, eform, individual trust, previous approval within a year. I have not seen a status change.
My first took just over 12 months.

Got a couple back 2 weeks ago, 172 days from submission to approval. First time several years back 165 days.

Wow. That's basically what they initially said their timeframe would be for e-file. Must be they weren't paying too close attention 🤣
I think there is batching going on, maybe even that higher volume dealers are getting forms reviewed faster. It wasn't just one from I got back that fast, there were multiple forms in this stack.

Part of me wishes I could sign up to voluntarily be on an FBI list (in addition to all the ones I'm sure I'm already involuntarily on ) and that they'd NICS me every Monday morning and push these through faster 🤣

Heck, instead of monitoring my computers and phones and texts and emails, if my FBI agent just came up and rang my doorbell I'd be happy to let him in so he can at least get to fondle the toys instead of just stuffing more reports into my file.

download.jpg

You're of course 100% correct there are worse things. My buddy got his suppressor back in record time only to shoot it and ruin his barrel and the chamber which both had to be relapped and the gunsmith is documenting that it was the suppressor that caused the problem. They're meeting at the dealership tomorrow by the way to sort it out with the suppressor company. He's lucky he didn't get hurt. Couldn't eject the shells the back gas so bad at wreck the barrel.