ATF Efroms Update.

RangerWalker71

Talked to a customer today. He submitted a a Eform's form 1, filed 1-24-16, Approved 4/3/16.

Good news.

If any body has an other info please post.

Hey Ranger, got a few questions with this new ATF stuff taking affect right around the corner...

With 41F fixing to take place in 8 days, do I still have time to get a Trust setup, and Form 1 SBR and a couple Form 4's in to the BATFE before the deadline?

Also, to cut down on time since it supposedly only takes less than 15 minutes to setup an online Trust (which I know still has to be notarized and a copy sent to the BATFE with your first Form submission)... Do you think Silencer Shop's online trust, or SilencerCo's Easy Trust is better? Also, I don't live in either state they are located in, and I have read online that some state laws are different so you need to get a Trust made locally to you? Is this recommended, or since I live in Alabama (a free state) are my local laws the same as Texas (Silencer Shop), and therefore will interchange on the Trust? The 2 online Trust options both cost the same. Just looking for your thoughts, because I would like to set one up in the next couple days, if at all possible.

Also, what is this new bullcrap they are forcing on us? So now, even if you have a Trust, you still have to inform your local LEO's with a notification letter saying what NFA items you have? How did that even get approved? That's insane. If it's already registered to YOU, with the BATFE, then why the hell does your local police need to know?

Also, so, now...After July 13, if you purchase ANY NFA item, or manufacture any NFA item, EVERY SINGLE TIME you register one, you, and everyone on your trust will have to submit fingerprints and photo ID??? That's even more crazy than the CLEO letter with each purchase... What if your beneficiaries don't live in your town? How the hell does that work???

If all this new BS takes affect and makes it this big of a pain in the *****, then what point is it to even have a trust, or purchase an NFA item after July 13, 2016??? It sounds like it's going to be an absolute nightmare for everyone involved.

Your thoughts, corrections, and input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey Ranger, got a few questions with this new ATF stuff taking affect right around the corner...

With 41F fixing to take place in 8 days, do I still have time to get a Trust setup, and Form 1 SBR and a couple Form 4's in to the BATFE before the deadline?

Also, to cut down on time since it supposedly only takes less than 15 minutes to setup an online Trust (which I know still has to be notarized and a copy sent to the BATFE with your first Form submission)... Do you think Silencer Shop's online trust, or SilencerCo's Easy Trust is better? Also, I don't live in either state they are located in, and I have read online that some state laws are different so you need to get a Trust made locally to you? Is this recommended, or since I live in Alabama (a free state) are my local laws the same as Texas (Silencer Shop), and therefore will interchange on the Trust? The 2 online Trust options both cost the same. Just looking for your thoughts, because I would like to set one up in the next couple days, if at all possible.

Also, what is this new bullcrap they are forcing on us? So now, even if you have a Trust, you still have to inform your local LEO's with a notification letter saying what NFA items you have? How did that even get approved? That's insane. If it's already registered to YOU, with the BATFE, then why the hell does your local police need to know?

Also, so, now...After July 13, if you purchase ANY NFA item, or manufacture any NFA item, EVERY SINGLE TIME you register one, you, and everyone on your trust will have to submit fingerprints and photo ID??? That's even more crazy than the CLEO letter with each purchase... What if your beneficiaries don't live in your town? How the hell does that work???

If all this new BS takes affect and makes it this big of a pain in the *****, then what point is it to even have a trust, or purchase an NFA item after July 13, 2016??? It sounds like it's going to be an absolute nightmare for everyone involved.

Your thoughts, corrections, and input would be greatly appreciated.

first on the Form 1. Eforms is the way to go, Except on Wednesdays it is shut down until 1800 EST.
Either one does a good trust. You just need it signed, Notarized, and have something in it. 1 US Dollar bill works.

On the 41F.
if you have a trust you will only need to submit pic's and Finger prints once every 2 yrs, for trustees.

After the first time, you'll only need a copy of your trust with the Form 4's.

In all reality its just slightly less convenient then before.

I will be keeping my trust, it makes it easier to pass class III items down to my kids once i pass.
If your stuff is form 4'd as a individual they would or will have to pay $200 to transfer every item. That can get spendy. Plus Who will be holding the while the forms are being processed?

All and All the trust is still the easiest way to do it.

Feel free to call if you need any help.
thanks
Steve
RLTW
816-718-9489

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.