ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

well just going to say this, take as you want
after decades in the gun business and after having been a class III dealer
I have meet and befriended a lot of folks in a lot of places
and I was once told this by a person I believe, as have been told like things several other times by others I trusted

when it comes to the ATF processing paper work, there is NO time frame, things can sit on a desk for weeks or months or YEARS, the folks processing them have NO time frame they have to follow
they can get one thru in a few hours to an end\less wait if they feel like it!
so when anyone says it takes "X" time, its not set in any stone by any means!
and more likely just comes down to to the person working that got your paperwork to go thru, and how they feel like processing it,
as far as I know there are ZERO written rules on a time frame they have to follow, which means, its UP to the person your paper work landed on there desk!
and that person might NOT be so motivated!
Just be happy when you get it, was what I was told, as it could have been a LOT longer!

and these days , I imagine the work load is as high as its ever been, and well, finding GOOD workers, NOT such a easy deal! or just ones that are not ANTI gun minded folks!
I believe you are correct. In 2010 I got my first suppressor, was told six to eight weeks at the time, got it in three, no trust, no sheriff signature which everyone said that I needed in my state. My next one was 2017, I believe, and it took over a year.

Got two Supressors at the same time. End of july 2021. Both checks were cashed Aug 3rd. I'm now at 11 months and 3 weeks. Did both of them on the Silencer Shop Kiosk. I did do a family trust. Curious how long u guys have been waiting. I'm thinking any day now. Not sure if it's considered an e-file form 4 or what. U look on SilencerShop page they are saying 145-155 days for E-file form 4 trust and 13 months for paper file? My first Supressors so I have no clue. Sure wish they would hurry up! Chomping at the bit!

Roy
My simple one was 382 days. I did the e-file has yet to deliver the other 3 currently at 72 days

So, just for 'kicks' I called the ATF while ago and inquired about my status. The only thing the person on the other end of the phone could tell me was that they had received my eFile back in March, it was still 'pending' and that the reason it was taking so long is because of a "back log" of applications. That's it. Any other questions I asked were met with either "I don't know" or "I can't tell you that, Sir." Oh well…I tried. 🤷‍♂️🤣😂

You fellas getting your is less than a year is sad. Been waiting since 7/15/21 when the check was cashed. I call ATF about once a month to check the status and up to last week it had always been pending which she told me is the standard status, this last update she said had examiner assigned so hopefully it's soon.

Out of curiosity has anyone been denied y'all are aware of?