Arken optics?

Put an Arken 4-16 on my Grendel build in time for antelope season last fall. It looks great, heavy, dials very precisely and glass is good enough to shoot prairie dogs past 500 yards with ease. The glasss aint IOR quality but good enough for the price.
Will be in the market for a couple more! Just order another one this morning12/31/2021 while they are $100 cheaper😎
20211002_173403.jpg

Last edited:
I put together a 20" just because my sh4 4-16 didn't have a home.
I always think about building another rifle or buying one. I always talk myself out of it because I do the math and the 1000$ scope I would have to buy is a huge hurdle. If my Arken is as reliable as they say, I will add more guns just because i can put a decent scope on it for 400-500$.
0C8E5403-7AA5-4058-8CC5-A78ECF9038E5.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the Gen2 SH4 6-24, I think it is 6-24, anyway it has been solid. I ordered it back when it had a 8-10 week lead and it took over 24 weeks to get it, that was frustrating. I shoot it side by side with my Razor Gen 1 5-20 and the glass in the Arken is hands down better in ALL light conditions. In low light the difference is even greater. It tracks just as well as the Razor too. It does tunnel in low power, for me it doesn't flatten out the image until its up to 8-9x but unless illuminated the reticle is useless below 10X anyway? My Razor doesn't tunnel but I think that is where it's advantages end. Weight is similar, size is similar, features are similar. I prefer it over the gen1 Razor by a lot. The Arken so far will do everything I need or want to do with a rifle, other than being heavy which I knew when I ordered it I really can't give it an honest complaint other than tunneling at low power. My Tract Toric (tunnels at low power also) and Leupold Mk4's I think are brighter and clearer and overall better scopes but I wonder if they are 4+ times better? I am thinking my next scope will be another Tract but I couldn't tell anyone not to get the Arken.

I put together a 20" just because my sh4 4-16 didn't have a home.
I always think about building another rifle or buying one. I always talk myself out of it because I do the math and the 1000$ scope I would have to buy is a huge hurdle. If my Arken is as reliable as they say, I will add more guns just because i can put a decent scope on it for 400-500$. View attachment 325491
I just acquired one for $325, and it came rings (all new, never mounted) because the seller has more than one and is trying to purchase the EPs to try. OMG, these scopes are built like a tank. I do not know which rifle I will use it on, but I cannot pass up the price.

Mine is the 4-16 also and am thinking about putting it on a 6.5 Grendel I will be getting soon.It is on the way to Sportsman Wharehouse.Howa 1500 22 inch barrel,6.5 Grendel.
I have not tried to mount the Arken on anything yet,still in the box.
Should have the rifle by the 19th.
Feenix you how our weather is so I'm not sure when I get to shoot it.

I just acquired one for $325, and it came rings (all new, never mounted) because the seller has more than one and is trying to purchase the EPs to try. OMG, these scopes are built like a tank. I do not know which rifle I will use it on, but I cannot pass up the price.

They are awesome for the $. They are heavy enough to anchor your row boat also.

There's a video out there where the guy absolutely tried to break the scope, he abused it so much that the turret finally went crooked, it still worked and tracked but it took all his might to turn it, it still worked though.
Then, he grabbed it like a hammer and beat the turret back straight again off the edge of the table, I mean like he was trying to split wood with it. And it straightened back up and worked like it was new and tracked. Unbelievable test, the hardest torture test I've ever seen. It made me a believer, I haven't shut up about that test since, my buddies are sick of hearing it. Lol

There's a video out there where the guy absolutely tried to break the scope, he abused it so much that the turret finally went crooked, it still worked and tracked but it took all his might to turn it, it still worked though.
Then, he grabbed it like a hammer and beat the turret back straight again off the edge of the table, I mean like he was trying to split wood with it. And it straightened back up and worked like it was new and tracked. Unbelievable test, the hardest torture test I've ever seen. It made me a believer, I haven't shut up about that test since, my buddies are sick of hearing it. Lol
Yeah, I saw that impressive video.