Are you Satisfied?

I was doing great, up until I got new guns. I bought two new pistols in 2020 and didn't have components on hand for them. I've bought or finished building or at least started loading for some calibers I hadn't before, not because of the pandemic, that's just how my process goes. So I've needed primers in sizes I didn't have, powders I didn't have, brass I didn't have, bullets I didn't have. So, it's been a little frustrating. I'm not trying to hoard components but when I look at my shelf and I'm getting close to only have a couple of hundred primers in a size I need I start to get nervous and start looking around. I've been lucky because I've found most things I need. When I go to a store and they have primers in sizes I can use, I buy them. If there's a powder I can use or bullets I want to try, I buy them. I have notifications set up all around the internet waiting for stuff I want to try to come in stock, until then I have other things I can work on.

Whenever I buy a new gun/caliber I buy dies, powder, bullets, brass. Enough to last the lifetime of the gun. Been hand loading for 35+ years and have enough for my kids/grandkids. I did pay $369 last week for 8# H4831sc so I guess if that contributed to the high prices it is what it is. I wanted to try some in my 6.5/284 so bought it. In the current fiscally irresponsible spending/printing I highly doubt prices will go back down to where they used to be

I sold a lot of my powders that I don't use because of that. More often than not, those powders are sitting near your gun safe. It's a good way to test your safe's fire rating if things go bad. Also, the fire department backs off when your cache starts popping off.
Popping off as in ammunition and black powder? Ammunition the worst is the primer cap zipping away. They will be more worried about the 40-60 gallons of propane, and gasoline, lg oxygen bottles, and maybe a few other things besides my gun powder and ammunition. Lol. fire departments in our area expect it because the owner or buddy is telling them the part to save and what's in it.

Everyone's wants & needs are is their own prerogative…I buy when the price is right, want something specific and know I'm going to utilize whatever it is that I'm purchasing.

As an avid long range shooter/hunter and overall firearms enthusiast, letting inflation & or shortages stop us from enjoying what we love in this world is INSANITY! By not living our best life on our terms with the GRACE of GOD is otherwise known as DYING! We only LIVE once, why let outside influences such as a pandemic, political indifferences, etc keep us DOWN!!!

Live your BEST LIFE, regardless of what the STATUS QUO or what OTHER's are choosing to do or NOT DO!!!!!
Couldn't agree more! What people buy and or stockpile is their purgative. No one needs to feel guilty about what they have stored away or what they are buying. I won't be letting Bidenflation stop me from shooting or hunting.

I am disappointed with Federal. I can't find specific ammo that I have grown to love. I can't tell if they have discontinued them or are just not producing that specific round at this time. Im searching for Trophy Copper in 30-06 and hst micro in .38+p.

I make it a habit to buy ammo at the same time as a new gun and I buy about 250 to 500 rounds and then set it by knowing I will be ok for a while without causing a shortage with future purchases....LOL. I was lucky I bought 1000 rounds of Lake City 2020 50BMG right after I got the rifle and the gun came with 10# of powder and 750 rounds of brass. And when I got my self protection side arm, a P40, I won 400 rounds of S&W 40 just a few days later in a contest. I have 2,000 rounds of 7.62x39 and God only knows how many rounds of 9mm Para Bellum that I bought at 19 cents a round when I got my P08 Luger.
If I buy the ammo when I get the gun I dont need to worry about the ups and downs of the market.
My recent purchase of a KelTec KSG-25 shotgun that will hold 41 rounds of shorty 12GA required some looking around for the ammo I wanted, 12GA, 1 3/4", slugs, but I did find it, finally, the same way I found the gun, with an ongoing search on Ammoseek.com. Got 200 rounds for 25 cents a round. I will never shoot that much unless an army attacks the house. BUT the gun does hold 20% of my stock at one loading so I figured 200 rounds was not too much.
I do likewise. I watch for sales on items. I have a fair amount of powder, and primers, and bullets. The only two items is Varget and H1000 powders. I never used them before, and looking at it now. So I wait and watch. If I am in a store, I watch for sales on items even though I may have a stock of what ever. I will add. The worst of it is, I am having a wildcat being built, and really not sure as to which powder and primes are going to work out.
I had gotten a M-4 a few years back. Got some 5.56 ammo for it @ $0.28 per round. I noted in 2020 or 21 that there prices was $2.00 per round. So I began to watch the prices on that round. Now it's about $0.55 per round. It's just gauge on pricing. I watch the net all the time.
Powder is showing up more and more. Several months ago anything that came up was gone. Now some of the less used powders are staying around on the adds.
I find that reloading equipment is hard to come by at times too. Or there a waiting list for items. Items come up and are gone.

I used to be a full-blown hoarder. Back when Obama took office, things got scarce. I learned my lesson then. Remember walking into local shop 10 years ago and they had four, 8 pounders of Retumbo sitting on the floor. Asked if they had restrictions on how many I could buy. The guy looked at me and said what do you mean. I said I'll take all four. Think they were about $185 each. Spent the next couple years buying everything I thought I would need to last a lifetime. Except for bullets, I haven't bought much of anything in the last 5 - 6 years. I'm satisfied watching the non-preppers grovel for scraps... Lol!

I've got the powder and primers I need for for now, but I'm running low on .308 hunting bullets. I'm really busy with other pursuits, so I'm not currently looking, but I will stock hopefully later this year.

Am I the only one that is not contributing to the Shortage? Am I the only one that has all I need on the shelf (not that much, but I am not planning for the apocalypse either) and not looking to getting any more till prices drop?
Over the years I just get what I need to keep a decent supply and dont respond to every little , "Hey, guys, I found this......" .
I am OK with everything except bullets, but they are not as hard to find. I try to buy 2-4 pound of powder from the same lot if possible to avoid frequent requalifing a different lot #. I went to Cabelas in Missoula two days ago. They did not have any powder of any kind. I do not shoot enough to be desperate for reloading supplies.

I am OK with everything except bullets, but they are not as hard to find. I try to buy 2-4 pound of powder from the same lot if possible to avoid frequent requalifing a different lot #. I went to Cabelas in Missoula two days ago. They did not have any powder of any kind. I do not shoot enough to be desperate for reloading supplies.
Scheels has powder though. I know they had 8lb jugs of 8208, some TAC, LRT, LT-30 and some others. I've also seen a decent selection at places like Machine Gun Montana in Kalispell, occasionally Sportsman's Ski Haus in Kalispell will have it too. I know I've been pretty lucky at finding a bunch of stuff that I've needed just by checking any and every source I can find.

Im not as fortunate as others. I picked up reloading last year my dad handed down all his stuff cuz he stopped loading. I traded for a lot of the things i needed but still had to buy dies and projectiles. Then just bought an ar10 a couple weeks ago. So i had to buy some break in ammo. And now im on the hunt for dies projectiles brass varget/4064 and primers. I could use my 210m's but have been reading they might be to soft for a gasser. I wish i didnt have to contribute but im younger and got started at a bad time. Still saying reloading my own and getting great accuracy so im happy. $150 for a brick of 210's made me about die though

I try to keep enough supplies to load 200 rounds and I have around 80 rounds ready to fire. Going to do some load testing in the next few weeks, so I'll likely be on the hunt for powder, bullets and primers in April to replenish.

Well i guess i got lucky ,went to the local gun store what i saw was boxes and boxes of bullets really long gone bullets.i bought 10 boxes of 25cal 120 gr nosler solid base and 10 boxes of 22cal 52 gr nosler solid base.20 bucks a box.I am set for now.