Anyone try the new CX bullets from Hornady?

Dmagna

Seems similar to a Barnes bullet, was just wondering if anyone has tinkered with the new CX bullets from Hornady yet. Just another mono option out there I guess.

Looks like a GMX with a few "improvements" to me. Had issues with the GMX not expanding and stopped using them. The gilding metal is harder than pure copper. It would be interesting to test them at long range for expansion. Ive had perfect performance with Barnes and Hammers.

Looks like a GMX with a few "improvements" to me. Had issues with the GMX not expanding and stopped using them. The gilding metal is harder than pure copper. It would be interesting to test them at long range for expansion. Ive had perfect performance with Barnes and Hammers.

I thought they claimed that it was softer than copper?

Unfortunately minimal improvements with all I've read.

I had serious problems with the GMX failing to expand at all and I can't see where they've done anything to improve on that.

I'd be very cautious and only use them where I had massive energy and high velocity impacts if I was going to shoot game with them to evaluate them in comparison to the GMX and the better Mono's on the market before I would have any confidence in them.

Any one have actual data? Otherwise lots of assumptions, is this now a news thread?

Once I see some hard data and results the jury is still out. Most copper anything won't out perform target bullets or lead
Unfortunately you're not going to see the hard data until enough people shoot enough game with them to develop some.

Most copper anything won't out perform target bullets or lead
Then explain why Berger came out with a copper solid target bullet? 🤣 Must be to compete with all the other copper bullets that are used pretty much exclusively in ELR. Copper monometal bullets have proven time and again to be no less capable than cup and core. I've shot coppers, killed with coppers, made small holes with coppers - I got my evidence, guess you need to go find your own.

Most copper anything won't out perform target bullets or lead
You obviously have formed an opinion without hard data. Ive taken countless deer with Barnes over the last 30+ years. I have never missed one, never lost one, and never a failure to expand, and full penetration every time. I changed to Hammers because of the unavailability of Barnes. This was the first year hunting with hammers. I took 3 bucks, 2 with 25 cal and one with 338. Two were DRT and one did a death lunge of 10 yds. I will never hunt medium and larger game again with lead. I still help others track deer shot with lead core bullets. Some are poor shots and some are bullet failures. Lastly, All my rifles shoot copper .5" or less, just as they do with lead core bullets